"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Sunday, July 13, 2008

New Cover and Stuff

Yes, it's final. I have a new cover. It's even posted on Amazon and everything.
So what do you think? Me? I think it looks way cool. I love how much of the picture can been seen. And the best part? It has my name on the front of it.


And I even have two more reviews here and here.

The first happens to be the ten-year-old sister of the Book Review Maniac who recently reviewed The Emerald Tablet. Which is perfect, BTW, as this is such my target age range.
My favorite line from the first review? Just about everything.

"I liked The Emerald Tablet because this book comes to life in my mind. Mythical creatures pop out of the pages.Once you come to the end of this book you will not want to stop. I can not wait till the second book,The Navel of the World comes out!"

My favorite line from the second review, In The Booley House, who it seems is an adult reviewing kids books for adults.
OK, I have two:

"Definitely a fun, entertaining, and quick read."
and
"it’s pretty absorbing, and was a lot of fun to read."


On a side note, no one asked or even wondered where the photos from this post were taken.

The first is the sculpture garden in front of Archives owned by the Smithsonian National Gallery of Art.

The second is Fort Hunt, an old fort on the way from DC to Mount Vernon.

Hope everyone has a great week ahead!

24 comments:

Christine M said...

Awesome cover! And keep raking in those great reviews!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Chris! The reviews are really nice to see :)

keri mikulski :) said...

Gorgeous!

carla said...

love it love it love it!!

all of it.

C.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Keri! I love it, too.

Thanks, Carla! Looking forward to coffee big time when I get back :) A late birthday coffee the week of the 21st. K?

Amy said...

Yay on the reviews! Especially the one from your target audience member. That totally rocks!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Amy! Yeah, I agree. It's nice to know there are kids who like it!

Sara Latta said...

Yay! Great cover, great reviews. Congrats!

Erin said...

I reallllllly like the new cover!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Sara, and welcome back to the world of blogging! Your latest post sounded like you've been super busy.

Thanks, Erin! I got really excited about it. It's like having a brand new book before the first one even came out :)

RR2 said...

I LOVE the new cover.

Tabitha said...

Oooo, awesome cover! And great reviews! :)

Jim D said...

Great cover! (I like the reviews too!)

Jim D

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Reader Rabbit 2! I love the gold and pinkish (certainly there's a better color description than that) combination.

Thanks, Tabitha! I think it will be really eye catching!

Hi Jim! Thanks! And we miss you! Hope writing is going great :)

Jason said...

That cover looks awesome, PJ! I can't wait for it to come out so that I can read it, too. All these reviews have got me excited. Also, congrats on all these positive reviews! You deserve them.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Jason! Having someone excited to read the book is a huge compliment! I really appreciate it :)

Sheri said...

It is so eye catching. It makes me gravitate towards it. I am sure if I was in a bookstore and I saw it on the shelf, I would want to touch it and pick it up.

Is it a drawing on the cover? If so who did the artwork? Did you have any part in the cover design at all?

So neat PJ! YAY!
So neat PJ! YAY!

Sheri said...

I don't know why that last sentence somehow repeated. I guess the blogoshpere is so happy for you too! =)

Rebecca said...

Great cover, PJ! And I CAN'T WAIT to read it.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Sheri! It's actually a photograph, but just a way cool one, and I had some input into the cover. And I'm happy the last sentence repeated twice!

Thanks for stopping by, Rebecca, and for saying you can't wait to read it! I so appreciate it!

Vivian said...

I love the new cover! The reviews are quite nice, too! Congrats!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks so much, Vivian!

Angie Frazier said...

This cover is very attractive! Lots of eyes will zoom right to it on the bookshelves :) Can't wait to pick myself up a copy!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Angie! I think it looks way awesome, but figured I might be a little biased!