"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Friday, August 08, 2008

Love this review!

Not to post twice in one day, but I just got the most fantastic review for The Emerald Tablet from Teens Read Too.
Yes, that's a gold star you see by the title. It means The Emerald Tablet received The Gold Star Award for Excellence. Five stars!

Yay!

A small quote because I can't resist:

"I had such a good time reading this book! I loved every minute that I was reading it, and I feel like I want to reread the book
over and over again. From the very first sentence I was laughing, and while the book wasn’t intended to be a comedy there
were many times where I couldn’t help but suppress a giggle. The very idea for the story is magical. I don’t think I’ve ever
read a book along the same lines as THE EMERALD TABLET. While reading the book I kept thinking that in a way it was
almost like a myth that was being told and how cool it would be if it was actually true."


Thanks, Teens Read Too!

21 comments:

Christine M said...

You are just raking in those great reviews! How totally awesome!

PJ Hoover said...

They certainly do a lot to make a day seem great! Thanks, Chris :)

Tabitha said...

That's FABULOUS!!! Congratulations! Wow, the good news just keeps pouring in! :)

I'm so glad you're up for doing an interview on my blog. I'll drop you a note when I'm ready for ya. :) Yay!!!

Alison said...

Fantastic review--congrats!! I have no idea if THE EMERALD TABLET is anything like your Tut book I read the excerpt of, but that one also had me laughing from the beginning and made me wish I had the rest of the pages to read, so I'm not surprised by the great review of this one!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Tabitha! I love this review so much I want to sleep with it under my pillow. Is that bad?
Perfect on the interview! Your blog rocks.

You're so sweet, Alison! The Tut books is funnier (probably) and first person vs. third. But both adventure and action.
Thanks so much!

Sheri said...

Yay! Awesome review! It just keeps getting better!

Jim D said...

Deserved praise for a great book!

And this is just the beginning -- part one of the trilogy....

The Tut books ....

And This is the first I've heard of the Greek mythology book....

Boy am I out of touch!

Still watching for when the book tour heads for Chicago!

Jim D

Rebecca said...

Awesome! I can hardly wait for October so I can get my copy!

PJ Hoover said...

This review was just so great, I couldn't help but post, Sheri! Talk about exactly what you'd want to hear.

Yeah, Jim, I was just thinking about you yesterday and wondering where you went. We miss you! I hope writing is going fantastic. You should drop us (FFW) a line and let us know how the books are going.
And thanks!

Thanks, Rebecca! That makes me really happy!

Thanks for reading, and I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

beth said...

WOW! That's a fantastic review!!! Wonderful!! Congrats!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Beth! It really made my day!

Debby G said...

Congratulations!

Angie Frazier said...

So awesome!! You have every right to be posting these reviews!! So very excited for you...

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Debby and Angie! It was an overly exciting review!

Angela said...

Wow, now how good did it feel reading that review, huh?

carla said...

woo hoo!!

C.

PJ Hoover said...

It felt great, Angela! I had to forward it on to my husband at work :)

Thanks, Carla!

keri mikulski :) said...

Yay!!! Congrats! Amazing review!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Keri!

Tasha said...

So you know how this review made your day..?? Your post totally made mine!!

It is still so neat for me to see that the authors enjoy my reviews and take the time to read them!!

I can't even begin to imagine what it's like for you.

PJ Hoover said...

LOL, Tasha! We authors sleep with reviews like your under our pillows at night. And if they aren't too crumpled, we frame them in the morning.