It's been a wonderful first-week-of-free-time week here. I've rocked and rolled on getting outstanding interviews done, contacting reviewers, and taking care of business in general. My bookmarks are designed as are generic postcards (generic as in not-release-party specific ones). Off to Kinkos in a bit to get those printed.
* Note - if you'd like some bookmarks to hand out to people you know (your kid's school, your soccer team, whatever) email me, and I'll send you some.
Wow, and that's not even part of my five!
Here goes for the week:
1) My new solution for cooking dinner for the family? The crock pot. I so don't mind throwing something in there in the morning and letting it cook all day. Last time I made a roast in there, EVERYONE ate it.
2) I finished revisions on one WIP yesterday and am ready to start revisions on another WIP today! Must get my mind around the switch from first-person past to first-person present.
3) My critique group, the fab Farflung Writers, has given me great feedback on a one sentence premise for my new WIP. I have motivation for my main character. I see I need more weaknesses for my secondary character. I need to add a couple scenes.
Did I mention I love revisions, especially when I have direction.
4) My husband just finished The Emerald Tablet! His comment - "It was way better than the last time I read it" (first draft, three years ago, chock full of backstory). Also he said, "The ending was really tight. It's nice how everything tied together."
My dad also refinished it for a second time. His comment - "I finished your book and it was a good read. There is a lot of suspense in it and enough surprises to keep the reader off balance."
Do keep in mind, my dad is a man of few words.
Now if I can just get them to buy a copy :)
5) I'm on a panel at the Oklahoma Library Association Conference in a couple weeks, and I totally have my speech (12 minutes) mapped out in my mind. After plenty of time spent wondering what the heck I could talk about, it came to me!
Next week, I'll get it into Powerpoint!
Hope everyone has a great weekend! We're headed to a small Renaissance Festival tomorrow and a dinosaur dig on Sunday.