"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Off to Oklahoma

I've started typing words mixed up more and more. Like in the title. I typed "ot" instead of "to". Of course in that case it could be the alliteration I was after or maybe I'm just excited about my trip to Oklahoma!

So I'm leaving in about 10 minutes. Are you ready Barrie? From Austin to Oklahoma City where I pick up the fabulous Barrie Summy, author of I So Don't Do Mysteries which comes out this December.
What? You haven't pre-ordered it? It looks darling and would make a great Christmas gift.
Actually, check The Class of 2k8 website for all your Christmas shopping needs. After all, there's no shipping on Amazon when you pass up $25. And books make excellent gifts. Especially, might I add, The Emerald Tablet which will be perfect for that later elementary school and middle school reader or any fans of sci-fi or fantasy.
I digress.
I'll pick up Barrie and we'll drive on over near Tulsa to spend the night with the awesome Stacy Nyikos, author of Dragon Wishes which comes out this October (yes, that is next month). Also joining us is Jenny Meyerhoff whose fab book, Third Grade Baby is already available. I have my copy already in the car for her to sign when I meet her.

Note: Barrie, I vacuumed the car out just for you. I figured if we got hungry we could stop and get something rather than scrounging for goldfish and pretzels under the car seat.

Our panel is tomorrow at 10:45 (just in case you happen to be in the Oklahoma area). Room 5. Then from 12-1 we sign books at Best of Books (I brought ARCs - get them while they're hot). And then it's the TV interview.

The ultimate question. Or answer. Black pants. Brown top.

I'm loaded to the gill with swag. Bookmarks. Postcards. Business cards. Brochures.

OK, enough already.

And for the car ride, I'm listening to The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray on the iPod.

So I'm off. If I don't comment on your blogs, please forgive me! I'll be back on Friday, ready to actually, dare I say, spend some time writing!

See ya!

19 comments:

Christine M said...

Hey - have a great time!

beth said...

Have a wonderful time and a safe trip! And next time, keep going on past OK to NC...it's only what? A ten hour addition to the drive?

Lapillus said...

Drive safe and have an awesome trip! Sounds awesome!

Kelly said...

Travel safely, Tricia!

lynn said...

have a great road trip and good luck with the TV interview and all the other fun stuff!

Angela said...

Have a great trip!

laurasmagicday said...

Break a leg! Ah, or, well...whatever children's book writers say to other children's book writers when they are about to appear on TV:)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, everyone!

Beth, on to NC, huh? As long as I have the book on tape!

Laura - do you think Break a Leg is too cliche?

Hope everyone is having a great day!

keri mikulski :) said...

How exciting! Have an amazing time! ;)

Chris Barton said...

At 10:45 a.m., I'll be sending some good vibes your way.

Good luck on your return trip -- after they see that brochure of yours, they may not want you to leave!

Devon Ellington said...

Sounds like a great trip. Can't wait to hear about it.

Tabitha said...

Good luck and have fun!! Looking forward to hearing all about it! :)

Gottawrite Girl said...

We are all waiting to hear!

C.R. Evers said...

Have fun in Oklahoma!

I nominated your blog for the "I love your blog" award on my blog today. Pass the award on if you'd like! :0)

Christy

Angie Frazier said...

Wow, your trip sounds fabulous! I can't wait to hear how things go. And hats off to your shameless plug for The Emerald Tablet!! Love it!!

Barrie said...

PJ, thank you for vacuuming the car for me. Can I just say you are the PERFECT driving companion!? Warm, witty, awake. All kidding aside, it was so much fun getting to know you. Child #4 and I started The Emerald Tablet this evening. Loving it!

PJ Hoover said...

Thank you so much, everyone!
It went great, and details (and pictures) to follow tomorrow!

Barrie said...

Forgot to say: thanks for the link and posting my book cover.

AND post about our Encyclo-Media experience is up: http://barriesummy.blogspot.com

PJ Hoover said...

You're welcome, Barrie!