"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Friday, October 24, 2008

Five on a Friday

What a whirlwind of a week. Phew! Here's my five for the week!

1) Last night I had the super pleasure of meeting author Jessica Lee Anderson, author of Trudy. She was at the Taylor Library Gala I attended last night, and when I saw her cover, I knew I'd seen it before, but in a more global sense than just in Austin.
Verla Kay!
Jessica with her awesome books!

How cool to meet someone you've heard about online. And Jessica was about the most super nice person in the world. And nicely enough, I bought her book and she bought mine :)
You can read about the event at the Taylor Daily Press.

Me and editor Madeline Smoot.

2) Thank you so much to all the awesome people who've mentioned the release of The Emerald Tablet on their blogs:
Prince Balthazar (is this the coolest blog name or what?)
Chris at The Simple and the Ordinary (extraordinary critique partner)
Christy at Christy's Creative Space (I tried to comment here, but what's up with Blogger and commenting recently anyway???)
Literary Escapism for mentioning my interview over at Cynsations

3) Book Chic gave me the most awesome review! There's a short QnA also, so buzz over and check out this really cool blogger!
My favorite line from the review:
"This is a wonderful beginning to a fantasy middle-grade trilogy. Hoover's writing is extremely compelling and makes the book hard to put down."

I have one review on Amazon for The Emerald Tablet, also!

4) We've hit cool weather here in Austin, TX. I put the heat on in the car and even clicked it on last night at home. Cool means this morning was in the 40s. And my son doesn't have any pants that fit him! Time to go shopping.

5) There's a random story idea bouncing around in my head. I'm waiting for ideas to come together in some kind of fashion, but it's actually really cool just being able to think about it while driving around town and stuff. It's the total pre-pre-planning stage.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll post pictures of the release party on Monday!

10 comments:

C.R. Evers said...

Hey P.J.! You did have an exciting week! You look fabulous in your photo! love the dress.

Commenting seems to be working better on my blog now. CArrie Harris is having the same problem too. I don't know what's up with that!?!?

Congratulations on a great week!

Christy

TJ Brown said...

What a week. I am so hapy for you, Enjoy ever minute of it... soon enough it's going to be just you and the computer again:)
Teri

Book Chic said...

Aww, thanks for the mention!! :) Google Alerts is working for me now, lol, and it brought up your mention. :)

Glad you enjoyed the review and blogged about it! You rock!!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Christy! Yes, commenting has been a bizarre thing. Are they changing the format?

Thanks, Teri! Yes soon just me and the computer. How sweet that will be.

You're welcome, Book Chic! I love those Google alerts!

Have a great weekend!

Jim Danielson said...

THE EMERALD TABLET is an awsome book. It has characters with special abilities -- yet they are believable. It has action. It has adventure. It is imaginative. It is boy friendly (but girls will love it too!)

And a last not: If you love it like I did, you'll probably like the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riorden and can fill in time waiting for book 2 from PJ reading them.

PJ Hoover said...

Wow, thanks, Jim! Now that's a great review!
I think you need to rejoin the group :)

Kelly said...

You look beautiful, Tricia!

PJ Hoover said...

Thank you, Kelly! I so appreciate it!

keri mikulski :) said...

What an amazing week! Enjoy your party. :)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Keri! And a busy week!