"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Release Day (books coming soon)!

Hey! Just a quick roundup in celebration of the release of The Emerald Tablet!

Today marks the official release of the first of the Forgotten Worlds Trilogy, The Emerald Tablet! From what I'm told, it's on it's way to the warehouse as we speak. From there it's on to Amazon and the distributors. So be patient if you've ordered and haven't gotten it yet.

So the good news is books are almost here! The other good news is the internet community is such a great place! I'll post more later, but if you get a few minutes and want to read more about me (one of my favorite topics), you can check out:

My interview with Cynthia Leitich Smith over on Cynsations
My interview with Beth Revis on Writing it Out
My interview with Laura Bowers on Shop Talk (yes, on this one you can not only see my dreaded fourth-grade hair cut but also a prom picture straight from the 80s)

And super thank you to Jen Robinson for the great review of The Emerald Tablet and for reminding everyone it releases today.

I leave you again with the book trailer because...well...I love it :)

22 comments:

Christine M said...

Hooray on your release day!
Wow! What a fantastic feeling that must be.

Now I just need to wait for my pre-ordered copy to arrive.

Angela said...

Congrats, PJ! Enjoy every minute of it!!

Kimberly Derting said...

Congratulations, PJ! I just ordered it on Amazon and can't wait to get my sticky little hands on it!!!

I got your email too. Great suggestions for reviews/gifts/recommendations...I will be following them all!

Jen Robinson said...

You are very welcome, PJ. I hope that the book is in people's hands soon.

Brianna said...

Happy Release Day!

I gave you some mention on my blog again today . . . and gave you credit for the great list you sent out in your email. You might send your readers there, as I linked some of your ideas to make it easy for people to post reviews/make suggestions on bigger sites. Also, I expanded the list a bit! :)

Tabitha said...

Yay!!! I'll bet you've been doing the happy dance all day long. :) Wait, I'll join you!
*dance*
*dance dance*
Hmm, Snoopy always made this look so easy...

Devon Ellington said...

Happy Release Day!

PJ Hoover said...

Thank you, Chris! It has been a fun but busy day! Let me know if/when you get an email from Amazon saying it's shipped!

Thanks, Angela! I will!

Yay, Kimberley! And thank you! If you have any more suggestions, please email them to me :)

Me too! Thanks, Jen!

Thank you for the great blog post, Brianna! It's awesome and so are the additions you made and so are you! I'll link to it tomorrow!

Snoopy did make it look easy, Tabitha. And fun. Not sure how. And his feet moved so fast!

Thanks for visiting, everyone!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Devon! We cross-posted! We seem to have a habit of doing that!

laurasmagicday said...

Love, love, love the trailer! So cool. Happy book day. Buying my copy as soon as I am back in civilization. No bookstores in Big Sur:)

Jason said...

Whoo! I'm so excited for you! congratulations! I can't wait to pick this up!

lynn said...

Love the book trailer! Congrats on your release day; I'm so happy for you!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Laura! I guess you know you've made it when you can find your book in a store in Big Sur :)

Thanks so much, Jason and Lynn!

Carrie Harris said...

Yay yay yay! So thrilled for you!

Beth Kephart said...

PJ,

I just went and read the reviews (I mean, this batch; I've been reading the others you've posted as well).

Many congratulations. What a happy time for you!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Carrie & Beth! I appreciate all the well wishes!

Prince Balthazar said...

Great! I'll be picking up my copy this weekend

Congrats. P.J.!

Vivian said...

Wahoo! Here's to your new adventure!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Prince B! If they don't have it, please order it! Does that sound horrible that I'd ask :)

Thanks, Vivian!

Prince Balthazar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Prince Balthazar said...

Doesn't sound horrible at all. In fact, I did a blog post on it over at Prince B.

Indeed, I will be asking the same of you when my *book comes out! LOL.


*Subject to getting an agent and signing a huge deal.

PJ Hoover said...

THanks for posting about it, Prince B! And yes, when your book comes out, I will totally do the same :)