We had a blast at the BookPeople SCBWI welcome party last night! So from now on, our SCBWI meetings will be at our amazing indie bookstore. Gotta love that.
Fun all around. Philip Yates dressed up like a pirate and read A Pirates Night Before Christmas. It was great, but too short! My kids wanted more! Great job, Philip!
Here's the middle grade panel. Yes, that's me in the middle, along with fab authors Lila Guzman, Jo Whittemore, Helen Hemphill, and Shana Burg moderated by Tim Crow, our Austin SCBWI RA.
And the YA panel featuring Varian Johnson, Jenny Ziegler (one day I will remember if it's "i before e" or "e before i" in her name), Margo Rabb, April Lurie, Brian Yansky, and Cynthia Leitich Smith moderated by Julie Lake.
There was also a picture book panel, but I didn't get any pics since it was at the same time as the MG panel.
My five for the week:
1) My son's artwork - a flower. Though he loved all the other ideas!
2) Water in my guest bathroom - officially hooked up. I tried to do it myself, but couldn't get the valve off. And since it was the middle of the day and I couldn't flush until the sink was fixed, I fast called the handyman. He's coming out again next week to fix the dryer vent. Why? Because I've crawled through the attic of fiberglass insulation enough.
3) It's time to set some goals. My homework for the week of Thanksgiving? To revisit my goals, set new ones, and develop plans to achieve them! Who's with me?
4) Eight hours of plane riding ahead. I'm thinking revision, laptop, and maybe even a nap.
5) Can I just say it's great when someone tells me they or their kids have read my book and liked it. And thanks for posting Amazon reviews! And for buying! And for reading! And for everything!
Have a great weekend!