"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Photo Five on A Friday

Because a picture can be worth a thousand words, right? But just for good measure, I'll go ahead and add a few words, also.

1) Priceless photo of Linda Joy Singleton, Me, and Stacy Nyikos doing the Star Wars thing at CLA. I want hair like Senator Amidala.


2) The door on my son's classroom. They drew their favorite books. Yes, the second photo is a close-up of...you guessed it...The Emerald Tablet. Love that boy!





3) The Emerald Tablet has made the Tri State Young Adult Review Committee Books of Note list for 2009! Not only that, it will be included in the Pennsylvania State Librarians Conference in May! I'm so excited for The Emerald Tablet!

4) Thank you Marvell for such a wonderful book signing event today! You guys rock and design the best chips around, even with the memory controller and GCU and MVED. Thanks for bringing back all those wonderful memories, thanks for buying books, and thanks for the giant cookie!
I miss you all!!!!!


5) Extra special shout out to my critique group member, Christine Marciniak, who got the cover of her fab book which is due out in 2009, When Mike Kissed Emma. I love this cover and cannot wait to own it.


6) A quick and delightful read. I picked this up at the school library while volunteering on Wednesday and finished it that night. Coraline by Neil Gaiman. I highly recommend this book! Fun, fast, haunting, creepy, and really, really good!

7) If you live in Austin, please come by the Sunset Valley Barnes & Noble on Saturday between 2-4. I'll be signing copies of The Emerald Tablet along with Stacy Nyikos who will be signing her brand new book Dragon Wishes (which BTW I read and loved). See you there!

Yes, I know that's seven, but they were brief, fun, and on my mind!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll post about NCTE and the book signing on Monday!

22 comments:

Beth Kephart said...

You, young lady, are having MUCH too much fun. Much too.

You look goooooood in black hair, though.

Christine M said...

Thanks for including my cover! And what a great week you've been having!

Carrie Harris said...

That Star Wars photo is PRICELESS. I particularly like the wookie stalker in the background.

I adore Coraline. Fabulous book.

C.R. Evers said...

Yay! for all the great news!

love the star wars pic! You should do you hair like that all the time!

:0)

Christy

Lapillus said...

Look at all the fun you're having! So much! Good for you!

I LOVE Neil Gaiman. Have you read his new one? The Graveyard Book? If not, put it on your list!

adrienne said...

Your son's book cover drawing is priceless! Cute Star Wars photo, too. Love the wig.

Sarah Rettger said...

I only want Amidala hair if it comes with an always-on-call hairdresser.

And it's a good thing I didn't see your picture of the giant cookie until after I'd finished my lunch.

Gottawrite Girl said...

Very cool... all of it... from the giant cookie, to the ET drawings, and to Stacy's cover art. Fun times... well deserved!

Kelly H-Y said...

Congrats on more wonderful successes for 'The Emerald Tablet'! So awesome! I think I'm going to get it for my niece for Christmas! Love the Star Wars pic ... what a riot. And, the door to your son's classroom ... awesome!!! His picture is particularly well done! :-)

Vivian said...

Love the photos, especially your son's drawings. Have a great time at the conference--safe travels!

Sheri said...

It is so sweet how proud your son is of you! His mama wrote a book and he's your biggest fan!

LOVE the picture of you for Star Wars! Loved it and loved that your blonde hair was still streaking through!

PJ Hoover said...

Very much fun, Beth! Have a great time in San Antonio. And I don't think I'll color my hair any time soon!

You're welcome, Chris! Nice blog picture, BTW!

Yes, the background characters were amusing, Carrie! And I adored Coraline, also! It was just really, really good!

I should, Christy! I'd love to! If only I had all that hair. Or a really nice wig :)

Hey Casey, The Graveyard Book is very high to the top of my TBR list! It looks fantastic and the reviews are great!

Isn't my son darling, Adrienne! He knows how to make mommy happy!

Yes, a hairdresser would be nice, Sarah! And a dietitian to help work off the cookie (which is almost gone, BTW)!

Thanks, Susan! The week has had lots of fun things to mention!

Thanks, thanks, thanks, Kelly! I think your niece would love it :) And I'm glad I wasn't just biased in thinking his was the best one up there!

Thanks, Vivian! Travels were good, and fun and all happy!

Yes, I wasn't going without bangs, Sheri! No way! And I love that my son is proud of me. It makes me really, really happy!

Thanks so much for visiting everyone!

Kimberly Derting said...

I love the Star Wars pic, PJ!!! But even better is the drawing of your cover (which was fantastic by the way)...maybe you have a budding artist on your hands!

Jim Danielson said...

I agree with Carrie -- Star Wars pic IS priceless. I saw Neil Gaiman at the Harrold Washington Library in Chicago 5 or 6 years ago and the auditorium was packed.

Jim (and please follow advise on cookie)

PJ Hoover said...

And he was so happy to tell me about the picture, Kim! He loves when he does art well.

Jim, I will be more than happy to follow the advice on the cookie! And how cool you saw that many people seeing an author. Does that make sense?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Lenore said...

Love that photo!

Marcia said...

I was thinking the same thing about too much fun! But you go, girl.

Jim Danielson said...

Neil Gaiman at that time had a huge following apparently from his work in comics.

keri mikulski :) said...

Love the cover.. :) And the Star Wars pic. :)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Lenore, Marcia, and Keri!
And Jim, will comics ever be out of style? I can't imagine! Maybe I should start doing them.

Barrie said...

The Emerald Tablet sure is going places! Congrats!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Barrie! And I'm so excited for your upcoming release!