"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Monday, December 15, 2008

Check me out on Blog Talk Radio

Aside from an overly-loud first response, I think the interview sounds pretty OK. It's a half hour long, but you know, when I was being interviewed, it totally flew by.
You can listen to the whole interview here.

So has everyone been thinking about New Year's Resolutions. I have! It's important to think about solid goals which require many steps to achieve, but do yourself a favor and make a few one-step goals. Like "Read War and Peace". One step. Read the book. I can do it and check it off the list.
(Also on my list is Crime and Punishment and Pride and Prejudice. No, I have no idea why.)

My signing in Burnet was fun. Windy but fun. And tonight I hear we may even get freezing rain here in Austin. Which, if it does happen, means the town will basically try to shut down.

Did I mention I finished City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare. I loved it personally, and can't wait for the third book. Too often recently I've been a bit disappointed in sequels, so it was a nice treat for me.
And speaking of sequels, one of these days I will learn I shouldn't listen to series on audiobook. It seems by about the middle of the second book I'm making sarcastic remarks to the characters and rolling my eyes every time backstory is mentioned.
Enough on that.

Final note. A huge shout out to my eighth-grade best friend (the same one who recognized my Geometry teacher's name in The Emerald Tablet). She showed up at her son's class as the mystery reader, read the first two chapters of The Emerald Tablet, and then forwarded the Amazon link to all the parents. Thanks, SMC!

Have a great week!

17 comments:

Beth Kephart said...

I'm going to go check out your interview later today (when I wouldn't wake the house by listening; it's 4:30 AM here, and this is a tiny house).

In the meantime, I wanted to say thank you. You know what for.

keri mikulski :) said...

Love Blog Talk Radio. I'm going to check it out today. :) What a wonderful friend. :)

beth said...

Excellent! Can't wait for the interview. And that book looks very interesting, thanks for the head up!

TJ Brown said...

It really is a great series. Such fun.
Teri

PJ Hoover said...

Yes, don't want to wake the house, Beth. A sleeping house is a wonderful thing! And you are always welcome!

I love Blog Talk Radio, too, Keri! What a great concept!

I think you would like the series, Beth! Just one more thing to add to the wish list!

Totally, Teri! I'll be buying the third book on release!

Thanks for visiting!

adrienne said...

How clever of your friend to get 'em hooked on the first chapters!
I started thinking about what I want to get done in the beginning of the year, too...

Kelly Hoeckelberg-Young said...

Congrats on the interview ... very exciting! My goodness, you have committed to some very long books to read! :-) I still need to read "Pride and Prejudice" myself ... I loved the movie (the 5-hour BBC version), so I can only imagine how wonderful the book must be!

lotusloq said...

You are so on top of things--already making your new year's resolutions list. Whatever the reason you can't go wrong with Crime and Punishment or Pride and Prejudice. Those are two of my all time favorite books.

That's a good idea, though, to put some easy one step goals amongst the more involved ones.

I'm going to have to check out that City of Ashes series. I'm with you on so many of the sequels that I have been reading lately being disappointing. In fact, with one series when I read the 3rd in the trilogy I was so annoyed that I took all three books and traded them in at the local used bookstore. (I had loved the first and second.) I didn't even want to see them anymore. I'm afraid it's ruined me for that author. I've never done that before. I'm normally just not like that, but I had such high hopes for the last in the series. And bleh! Wow, that was a little ranty! sorry! I guess I'm a little passionate about that.

I'll have to go check you out on BTR! You know, cleanse the palette. haha!

Jim Danielson said...

Great interview! Thanks for posting the link.

PJ Hoover said...

I know, Adrienne! I was so psyched!

I've never even seen the movie, Kelly, so I'm going in totally cold turkey. I think I'm the only person on the planet. I did see Sense and Sensibility.

I totally hear you on sequels, Lois, and am dying to know which series it was you read! And I torture myself the same way. Even when I am not crazy about the second book, lots of times I'll push on and hope for better with the third.

Thanks, Jim! And thanks for listening!

Take care!

Devon Ellington said...

I'll listen to it over the weekend. Isn't blogtalk radio fun? I always have a blast.

Kimberly Derting said...

OMG, just listening to all of the things you're working on makes me tired. But, hehe, my brother totally had the Commodore 64 computer (yanno, back in the day!). Hearing that was like a blast from the past!

PJ Hoover said...

Blog Talk Radio is great fun, Devon! Have a great weekend!

Yes, The Commodore 64 was the state of the art machine to have, Kimberly! Q*bert on it was awesome!

Thanks for visiting!

Laura said...

I'm going to check out your interview...thanks for posting the link and congrats for that wonderful opportunity. And I have one small goal, to read "Dr. Zhivago." There, I've committed. Problem is, when I get to read it's bedtime and I only last a few pages before I snooze. I need to schedule waking hours to devote to reading! Baby steps...

Vivian said...

PJ,
You're famous! You sound great in the interview--very natural and fun answers. Exactly what I'd expect!

Congratulations!

Stacy Nyikos said...

You will LOVE Pride and Prejudice. LOVE IT! Great, spunky love story.

And there's an author who got both fame and critical acclaim, but she had to put up the money for her first book, I believe. Go figure.

PJ Hoover said...

Dr. Zhivago is a great goal, Laura! I'm not ready to commit to it next year, but maybe in 2010 it will go on my "long classics that must be read" list.

Ah, thanks, Vivian! You're so sweet to say so!

Fame and critical acclaim, huh, Stacy? So it is possible :)