Happy Friday! Here in the land of Austin, TX, we're heading into Spring Break!
1) My mom is in town! That said, I'm declaring a blog vacation for myself. I'll post over on The Spectacle next week, and I may post here once, but other than that, I'm going somewhat quiet. So if I don't comment on your blog, it doesn't mean I don't love you. I do! Really!
2) Read Eternal by Cynthia Leitich Smith. Loved it! Sure, it's a bloody story, but there are moments of pure humor which are nothing short of priceless. Love the attitude of the guardian angel (GA for short). So go out and buy this book. And read it. And then recommend it to a friend.
3) Reading A Curse Dark as Gold by Elizabeth C. Bunce. Aside from being a really cool person, Elizabeth makes some super cool costumes. She puts my "sewing for survival" skills to shame.
4) If you've read a good book, why not email the author and let them know. If your kid has read a good book, why not encourage them to email the author (via your email account of course). Nothing it better than knowing someone is enjoying your books!
5) Here's a Spring Break challenge. Set some goals and see how much you can get done. Maybe this is writing. Maybe this is fixing every single thing that's leaking around the house. Whatever it is, make a plan, and go for it!
And have a great weekend!