"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Thursday, May 07, 2009

Five on a Friday

Thanks so much to everyone for all the awesome comments on my Juvenile Center visit. It really was a way cool experience!

Here are my five for the week:

1) Stardate 05.08.09

2) I keep forgetting to post this pic of a coffee mug I painted. My daughter and I hit the Paint-your-own-pottery a couple weeks ago. It has almost replaced my pirate mug as my favorite coffee cup. Almost.


3) I got a great thank you note from the Juvenile Center including:
"The kids have all been asking to check out your book!! It means to much to them when they see people from our community willing to share and give to them. Your words were inspirational to many of them. Many of them are ready to become authors!! Your dynamic personality made an impact on many of them."

4) I've had my head buried in revisions for a while now, and the good news is I still love my ms.

5) Stardate 05.08.09

Hope you all have a great weekend!

* And no, I am not seeing the movie on opening day. I am going to wait so I don't have to make the kids suffer through long lines waiting for awesome seats (which is truly me saving myself from suffering while dealing with the kids suffering through long lines). We're heading there next week. Maybe Stardate 05.13.09.
Sans kids, I'd be there right at this very moment.

31 comments:

beckylevine said...

LOVE #1 & 5. Have to get those on my list.

PJ Hoover said...

They are good for a list, Becky!

T. Anne said...

Love your coffee mug! My Dd would have a blast, must put on to do list...

beth said...

I am so going to that movie tonight!!!! YAY!!! I am very excited about it and cannot wait!

lynn said...

Pretty mug! Now I want to see a pic of the pirate one :)

Hooray for loving your ms after probably reading it a million times--that's a great sign!

I usually avoid movies on opening weekend too, but my mom's birthday is this weekend and she's the one who made me a trekkie in the first place. Can't wait to see it; it's getting great reviews!

PJ Hoover said...

Totally put it on the to do list, T. Anne! It was so much fun!

Lucky, lucky Beth! You are going to have a blast!

Good idea, Lynn! I'll take a pic of the pirate mug and post it, too! Have fun with your mom at the movies!

Angela said...

That is an awesome mug!

lotusgirl said...

Yeah. I totally understand waiting on the Star Trek thing. I think we'll try it tomorrow afternoon.

Stacy Nyikos said...

I'm so frigging excited about the new Star Trek movie. I've so all over the Star Trek marathon this week on the SciFi channel. I really should have become an astrophysicist. Just don't tell my brother I said that!

adrienne said...

That is a crazy cute mug and an awesome note from the juvenile center!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Angela! I had fun making it!

Lucky you if you get to go tomorrow, Lois! Ah, back in the glory day I'd have been standing in line for hours!

Stacy if only you lived in Austin, we could see it together!

Thanks, Adrienne! The note made me smile and I'm using the mug right now!

Keri Mikulski said...

Great list! Happy Mother's Day, PJ! :)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Keri! And you too!

Kelly said...

What a sweet thank you from the juvenile center!
Love the coffee mug! You are a woman of many talents!

PJ Hoover said...

I loved the note, Kelly! And thank you!

Vivian said...

You have much to celebrate this week! I read about your visit to the Juvenile Center--you totally rock!

PJ Hoover said...

Aw, thanks, Vivian! You totally rock, too!

Kimberly Derting said...

I love your Stardate references...you're such a nerd, hehe!

The mug is great, I might have to find one of those places near my house to take my daughter. Sounds fun!!!

PJ Hoover said...

I love being a nerd, Kimberly! And definitely go Paint pottery with your daughter! It's a great creative outlet!

Lauren said...

I like your mug. It's very cute! I love the colors that you picked out and the polka dots are always a fun option :)

Robyn said...

Love that mug!!!! It's soooo me!Think I'll do a paint the pottery with Ivy :)

Solvang Sherrie said...

What a great letter! How wonderful that you could touch their lives. Your mug is beautiful. With any luck, I'll see the movie before you!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Lauren! I love polka dots! They are so much fun!

Thanks, Robyn! I'm ready to go back and make another mug. Hope you make it there.

Thanks, Sherrie! Then I'll wish you luck! I hear the movie is fabulous!

Heather Zundel said...

Smart choice on the waiting for Star Trek seats. Oh, and I have a message for you on my Feature Fun Friday post. :)

Windsong said...

Very nice.

I was a bit muddled at the meaning of #s 1 and 5, but it became clear by the end. ;-)

PJ Hoover said...

I saw your message, Heather! And I'm going to read your post and decide! So excited!!!!! And how perfect is that? It's like fate.

LOL, Windsong! I'm a long time Trekkie!

hope everyone has a great weekend!

Anita said...

My husband and I are so looking forward to the movie!

I love the cup!

PJ Hoover said...

I can't wait, Anita! It should be awesome.
Thanks for visiting!

Anita said...

There's a writer here in CO who's also an engineer. Pam McCutcheon is her name...so engineer-types CAN have a creative side, too!

Lenore said...

Wonder if Star Trek is out in Germany yet..

PJ Hoover said...

I'm amazed, too, Anita! Who knew engineers could be creative in this kind of way!

Are you a Trekkie, Lenore? For some reason, I imagine you WOULD like it!