"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Critter wants to know...


Are you feeling lucky, punk? Are you? Are you?

We've had a wonderful time with Critter here in Texas. Thing about Critter though? He doesn't like to stay in one place for too long. He claims it makes him smell like fish, and seeing as how he's kind of a cow...well...smelling like a fish simply won't do.

Critter made friends, read some great books, and even went to Kung Fu once. He's pretty sure if he hung around here a bit longer he'd get his black belt. But alas, that is not Critter's style.


Critter with his new best friend.

Here's what Critter needs to know:
Where should he go next? He needs to know. He wants to know.

***

1) Those who want to participate can leave a comment in the comments section to have a chance to have Critter come to visit you.

2) On Thursday at midnight I will draw the name of the lucky person who gets to have Critter come for a visit (so comment soon). I will get your mailing address from you and will send Critter to your house. Make sure I can contact you!

3) When you get Critter in the mail, write your name and city location.

4) Now you get to Send Critter someplace else. Host a contest for Critter on your blog and then send Critter to the winner from your blog. (the critter is made of a light weight foam board, so it should not be too expensive to mail.)

5) Christy Evers will track Critter's location so we can see where he has been and where he will be going.

There are 16 name spaces on Critter. My name is on the #2 spot. So, Critter gets to go to 14 other places. The last person will send Critter back to Christy Evers.

So. Are you in? Please make sure that you are willing to keep Critter going on his adventure if you sign up for this. If you don't follow through, you'll break Critter's heart (and ruin the fun for the rest of us.)

So read the small print, and then leave me a comment.

Tell me, what is the most fun thing you will let Critter tag along for?

24 comments:

beth said...

Oh, I want Critter to visit me! (Even if he's already been to NC)

I would take Critter to the castle where I read my manuscript (the Biltmore House) and I would let him ride my dog like he was a horse.

PJ Hoover said...

Beth, Critter is salivating. Or maybe that's me. If I fly myself there, will you take me?

MG Higgins said...

Critter's gonna go hiking with me in the redwoods, take in the view from a cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean and sleep in a 120-year-old Victorian house. I might even take him to Costco.

PJ Hoover said...

Critter would love the super duper pack of toilet paper at Cosco, MG!

Kelly said...

I'm so in!
Come visit with me, Critter!
I could take you to the big city or the country!
(Though MG Higgins place sounds pretty beautiful!!)

T. Anne said...

I'm so in. I would love, love, love to have Critter. (This is my honest to God itinerary for the next week and a half) Middle of next week I would fly Critter from L.A. to Washington to dine at the Space Needle then spend the evening at the Miley Cyrus concert. Later that week I'm flying out to New York and taking a cruise through Boston, Maine, The bay of Fundy and Nova Scotia. I'm headed off on one of the most adventuresome week's ever and would love to have Critter tag along!!! When I return I'll be sure to send Critter packing through my blog. =)

PJ Hoover said...

Kelly, Critter would love your taste in music! I'm sure of it!

T. Anne, man Critter would be a super well traveled little guy! He's very excited at the thought of the space needle!

Keri Mikulski said...

How about the Jersey shore?? :)

Corey Schwartz said...

OMG, I would love to have Critter, but no way I can top T. Anne!

Critter might get to meet some editors and agents at a NYC KidsLit drinks night, but I'm sure he'd rather see Miley Cyrus :)

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Lucky, lucky Critter to have so many exciting invitations--castles, redwood forests, Space Needles, beaches and, oh my, NYC editors. I just can't compete with all that. With me, you would spend a lot of time writing and thinking and browsing, mostly at a computer screen, in my admittedly colorful office, and sometimes on a hiking trail or beach path. But I shall look forward to following your exciting adventures in Blogland.

C.R. Evers said...

ohhh! I"m so excited to see that Critter has so many fabulous options! :0)

Just an FYI for anyone who is wondering how expensive it is to transport Critter: I spent $2.32 to send Critter from NC to Texas. and he
s about the size of a book.

adrienne said...

If Critter wants to hang out with other critters...we have a zoo trip coming up, and there's always the seals at the cove. Plus there's my own little menagerie at home.

PJ Hoover said...

Critter is so flattered! Jersey. Kidlit Drink night. Writing. The zoo.
How is a Critter to decide? He's thinking random at this point, so never give up the faith!

beth said...

PJ: Come on down! You need a book tour to NC :)

Solvang Sherrie said...

Wow, the competition is stiff! I'd like to go along to NC or the Space Needle :)

I think I'd just take Critter out for some aebleskiver (yummy danish pancake balls served with jam!) let him try fencing and soccer with my kids, take him to see the Pacific Ocean...ordinary life. Critter needs to see California!

Robyn Campbell said...

Critter could be on my farm and ride horses,(don't all cows love to ride horses?) feed the chickens,(we have baby chicks on the way) and feel the gentle Carolina breeze on his soft, precious face. And of course I'll take him to the BIG mall in Charlotte and buy him whatever his little heart desires. (within reason)*grin*

Kelly H-Y said...

Hmmmm ... we would have to try to take Critter to the zoo ... I'm sure he'd find lots of friends there!

~Aimee States said...

The only place I'd take critter next week is to the coffee pot. Seems the other NC writers have me beat!

PJ Hoover said...

Critter is squeaking with excitement! Pancake balls, zoos, chicken feeding, and coffee!

You guys are making Critter (and me) feel so good!

Jim Danielson said...

I'd really like Critter to be here in Chicagoland with me on Sept 26 when I go to Anderson Bookshop's YA conference so he can meet Peepy (and Lisa Yee) but I fear he'll start smelling like fish -- sooo -- leave me out and I'll make a bid for slot #4 if the timing can work out. Or maybe slot #7 for Prairie Writers Day. Not that I wouldn't keep him busy.

Christina Farley said...

Can Critter come all the way to Korea? If so, we'd take him to the palace, which in my opinion is the most beautiful in Asia (yes, it beats the Forbidden City and the Golden Temple in Kyoto, Japarn)

PJ Hoover said...

Jim, stay in the loop, then! Critter would love a writer's event!

Christina, with an offer like that, Critter vows if you win, he will fly his butt to Korea.

Tonight's the night Critter picks a winner!

Anita said...

I just don't think I can handle the responsibility...we have a very grouchy kitty in our midst...don't even want to think about what kitty could do to Critter.

PJ Hoover said...

Critter is scared of kitties that scratch, Anita! He thanks you for thinking of him :)