Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend planned!
My five for the week:
1) Last night read and loved FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX (Nathaniel Fludd, Beastologist) by R.L. LaFevers. I totally recommend it for the 7-10 year old range. My son will LOVE it!
* And on a side note, I'm looking forward to interviewing R.L. LaFevers next month over on The Enchanted Inkpot.
2) We're on season 3 of Star Trek: The Next Generation. You know, this is the season where they change uniforms and get more in touch with the characters' feelings.
* Side note here: My son has determined that he likes Picard over Kirk. Overall, I like TNG better, but Kirk was "The Captain."
3) Critter is still enjoying Austin.
He had a beer the other night (out of a frosty Star Trek mug no less).
Then he spent some quality time with the tortoises, King Tort and Nerfertorti. (That's Nefertorti in the picture below. King Tort was hiding at the time.)
Where will Critter go next? Make sure you visit next Wednesday. I'll be looking for a nice place for him to travel to when he departs Texas.
4) Both kids are at school during the day which is making for some serious good writing time. My near-term goal is to get through the first draft on my current WIP. The finish line is very close!
But yes, please keep in mind this is a first draft. Yikes!
5) I took my antique horseshoe out of the garage and brought it to my office! I figure I'll take all the luck I can get.
Have a great weekend!