"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Monday, September 21, 2009

Hanging with the gals!

Can I mention how awesome hanging with other authors is? I can? Thanks :)

Hanging out with other authors is priceless. Such a blast. I can't recommend it enough.

Jessica and Me after driving for seven hours :)

Last Thursday and Friday I headed up to Oklahoma to take part in an author panel at the school librarian's conference, Encyclomedia. Our group of ten authors split ourselves into two groups. On Thursday I watched a kick-butt panel with

Stacy Nyikos, author of DRAGON WISHES
Suzanne Morgan Williams, author of BULL RIDER
Jenny Meyerhoff, author of THIRD GRADE BABY
Eileen Cook, author of WHAT WOULD EMMA DO
Cynthea Liu, author of PARIS PAN TAKES THE DARE

Jenny, Eileen, Suzy, Cynthea, and Stacy

These gals were awesome, kicked butt, and sold tons of books.

Our Friday panel consisted of

PJ Hoover (me), author of THE NAVEL OF THE WORLD
Jessica Lee Anderson, author of BORDER CROSSING
Donna St Cyr, author of THE SECRETS OF THE CHEESE SYNDICATE
Zu Vincent, author of THE LUCKY PLACE
Barrie Summy, author of I SO DON'T DO MYSTERIES

Barrie, Jessica, Donna, Me (PJ), and Zu

I tend to think we were awesome also, kicked butt also, and sold tons of books also.

Me with THE EMERALD TABLET and ARCs of NAVEL

Besides the panels, other highlights included dinner with the whole group and author Tammi Sauer, and TV interviews with BJ Williams. You may remember me posting my TV interview from last year here. I'll post the new one when it's up.

Our dinner group at Abuelos

Also I have to mention the darling Maltese one of the vendors brought along each day. Carter made us smile and we vowed to come get him if we needed help selling books. Luckily that wasn't the case :)

Zu, Barrie, Carter the Maltese, Jessica, and Me (PJ)

Thank you, Oklahoma!

20 comments:

Tabitha said...

Wow, so many great authors there!!!

Looks like it was a fabulous time! :)

Angela said...

How fun! What a blast!! Thanks for sharing with us.

Kelly said...

Great pics! Looks like an amazing event!

Miriam S.Forster said...

Hooray! Looks like you had a ton of fun, and I love the Maltese!

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Thanks for taking us along--love the pix!

Danyelle said...

I shall have to sneak into your luggage next time. That looked like it was a lot of fun. :D

Trisha Pearson said...

How Awesome! I'm glad you had such a fabulous weekend.

MG Higgins said...

Boy, that looks like fun. Makes me want to be an author! :)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, everyone! It was a blast and it's so nice to be home and catching up :)

Jim Danielson said...

What a great group of authors including two of my Illinois-SCBWI friends! (Cythea Liu and Jenny Meyerhoff)

PJ Hoover said...

That's because Illinois rocks, doesn't it, Jim :)

Solvang Sherrie said...

Almost makes me want to move to Oklahoma. Almost :)

Kimberly Derting said...

Looks like a great time, PJ! How exciting!!!

adrienne said...

Looks like you were in grea t company! And looks like Carter enjoyed the attention.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, guys! And Carter LOVED the attention. He was the most well-behaved dog I've ever seen.

Keri Mikulski said...

Looks like an amazing time!! :) :) Glad you had a blast.

Kelly H-Y said...

How awesome!!!

C.R. Evers said...

What an awesome panel!

You RaWk, girl! :0)

Carrie Harris said...

That sounds like so much fun. And you do NOT look like you were just driving 7 hours. You look too good. Sorry. Don't believe it. ;)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, everyone! And Carrie, if you are trying to flatter me, it's working :)