"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Winner and Critter

Thanks for all the great audiobook comments! I've just started I'D TELL YOU I LOVE YOU BUT THEN I'D HAVE TO KILL YOU by Ally Carter on audio and have high hopes for it. It seems like the type of book which will fall into my audiobook boundaries.
And as for the page, I'm nearly done with PROPHECY OF THE SISTERS by Michelle Zink. It has a very Libba Bray A GREAT AND TERRIBLE BEAUTY feel to it, doesn't it? Enjoying it, btw!

***

Now, the moment you've all been waiting for :)

The winner (based on random number generation) of the three-pack of books including:
WHEN MIKE KISSED EMMA by Christine Marciniak
DRAGON WISHES by Stacy Nyikos
LIFE IN THE PIT by Kirsten Landon

is


Email me your snail mail address and I'll get them out!

And next up on the interview front, look for a rocking interview with Keri Mikulski, author of SCREWBALL and CHANGE UP and happy proud owner of a new four book deal with Razorbill/Penguin!!!!! Check back for that soon.

***

For those Critter curious, I'm happy to report Critter has arrived safely in Austin.
Yesterday, he went to Home Depot with us to look for new kitchen cabinet doors. He insisted on taking a picture in the bathroom section.


* Note: These toilets are the display models. I did not take Critter in the potty.
** Note: That is my daughter, not my son :) She wants to make her own Critter now and is sad he must be passed on.

Critter then headed to the bookstore where he helped me make some fantastic selections.


And after the bookstore, he was so excited about books, he insisted on having a picture taken on my bookshelf here at home.


Ah, the life of Critter. I'm thinking I'll hold onto Critter a few more days, sign my name, and then we'll see where he's going to go next!

Have a great Wednesday!

33 comments:

Christine M said...

Congratulations to Miriam!

And it looks like Critter is having a grand time in Austin!

PJ Hoover said...

Critter loves it here, Chris!

Christine M said...

And why wouldn't he (she?). Critter's hanging out with the coolest people!

T. Anne said...

The critter is cute but the person holding the critter is cuter!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Chris :)

Thanks, T. Anne! She is a doll if I do say so myself!

beth said...

So cute!! Love the pictures of the Critter! :)

~Aimee States said...

Your daughter is a cutie-patootie!

lotusgirl said...

Congrats Miriam! That book Prophecy of the sisters looks interesting. I may have to pick that up. I hope you like the Ally Carter book. I thought it was great fun.

Kelly said...

Great idea to bring Critter to the bookstore!!!
Cute pics!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Beth! You could win Critter next :)

Thanks, Aimee! She keeps me entertained, that's for sure!

I'm excited about both books, Lois. Lots of good reading going on here.

Thanks, Kelly! I bet Critter likes Heavy Metal. If he comes to your house, you'll have to dress him up :)

thanks for visiting, everyone!

C.R. Evers said...

Yay, Critter!

He looks so happy. I can tell he's having a good time. I've got to admit, I'm jealous that he's so close to a copy of Catching Fire, and I'm not. :0( Lucky critter. ;0)

PJ Hoover said...

Having Critter is a blast, Christy! Thank you for letting him visit me :)

Corey Schwartz said...

Oh, I love Ian Sands. How do I get a visit from Critter?

PJ Hoover said...

Hey Corey! He is great, isn't he! I'll post next week and you can comment if you want him to come visit. Then, I'll let Critter pick a new home to visit!
Thanks!

Solvang Sherrie said...

Looks like Critter picked out some good books to be seen with =)

Miriam S.Forster said...

OMG!!! Free books!!! Hooray!!

I have emailed you my address as requested. *does happy free book dance*

Robyn Campbell said...

Aw, PJ, what a sweet angel. Precious I tell you. And congrats to Miriam.:)

Jim Danielson said...

Miriam! Congrats!!!

Critter: Have a great vacation in Austin. If your ever in Chi Town, look me up.

PJ Hoover said...

Critter has impeccable taste, Sherrie. And he and I have the same likes and dislikes :)

I love free books, too, Miriam! It's fun to win!

Thank you, Robyn! I got two perfect ones! They are dolls!

Jim, I bet Critter would love to visit Chi town. I think he'll get around the country!

Thanks, everyone!

MG Higgins said...

A four-book deal? Holy moly! Thanks for the Critter pictures. He looks very happy in Austin. (Your daughter is adorable, BTW.)

Jim Danielson said...

If Critter was here Sept 26 he could meet Lisa Yee and Peepy at Anderson's (bookstore) YA Conference....bet he'd like Peepy

PJ Hoover said...

I know, MG! Sweet deal, isn't it!
And thank you!

Critter is tempted, Jim. He loves friends.

Carrie Harris said...

I just read Prophecy of the Sisters too, and the suspense is killing me. Like Catching Fire killing me.

PJ Hoover said...

The suspense was really well done, wasn't it, Carrie! Ah well, keep waiting!

Jim Danielson said...

Another op would be for Critter to visit Chicago would be to stow away in Cynthia Leitich Smith's suitcase when she comes to our SCBWI conference (as a keynote speaker) Nov 14....you could stow away too!

PJ Hoover said...

Now that would be fun, Jim! You'll have a blast!

Kelly H-Y said...

Can't wait for your interview with the awesome Keri Mikulski! LOVE hearing what Critter is up to ... sounds like he's enjoying himself! :-)

PJ Hoover said...

Keri is awesome, isn't she, Kelly!

Heather Zundel said...

He's such a cute little critter. And your daughter models him so well.

Heather Zundel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Heather! Critter is even cuter in person.

Christina Farley said...

Critter is so cute! And I am so jealous of your bookshelf. I'm drooling looking at it.

PJ Hoover said...

I just reorganized it, Christina! Man, I love looking at all those books :)