"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

And here it is Wednesday!

Another great week is going by. I'm getting a ton done. It's funny how once the release party was over, I could actually focus on things besides, well, the release party. Now it's back to writing as usual.

Some noteworthy things:

Check out my interview over on Tabitha Olson's blog, Writer Musings. And wait, she's giving away a copy of THE NAVEL OF THE WORLD. So for your chance to enter, head here and comment.

And it even gets better because Beth Revis at Writing it Out is featuring me this week. Post an interview question for me here, and enter here for a chance to win either THE EMERALD TABLET or THE NAVEL OF THE WORLD!

Also up, I'm hugely excited that both THE EMERALD TABLET and THE NAVEL OF THE WORLD are nominees for the Cybils Middle Grade Fantasy category! Yay! And thank you!

Did you miss my Blog Talk Radio interview? Wait! It's not too late to listen. Here, you can just click on this nifty little widget and listen to what I have to say about THE NAVEL OF THE WORLD.



And I just want to point out Book Bites for Kids is made possible by the National Writing for Children Center. They are a fantastic group, and you can read more about them here.

Thank you to debut author Donna St. Cyr, author of THE SECRETS OF THE CHEESE SYNDICATE, for mentioning THE EMERALD TABLET in her AuthorsNow Spotlight. And I notice she's giving away two copies of her fabulous book, so head over and check it out!

One more picture from the release party! Check out that massive amount of candy. The kids loved it.

Me and Jessica Lee Anderson!

Okay, that's it for me on a Wednesday! Have a great week!

23 comments:

Kelly H-Y said...

I am just so thrilled for you! What a wonderful time! Congrats on all the incredible accomplishments ... including the nomination!!
I forgot to mention that I linked to one of your posts on my post last week ... the one about getting boys to read. Hope you don't mind ... I loved that post of yours, and it fit perfectly with what I was writing about!

maureen said...

Well done....name on a marquee! Oh so cool...and nominations for the cybils
even cooler....way to go!

Lynn Colt said...

Hi PJ, I just wanted to drop by and say congratulations on your release! And your nominations!! That's so amazing :)

Miriam S.Forster said...

Ooo... congrats on the nomination! You are so busy, it's awesome.

I hope the writing is going well!

Keri Mikulski said...

Congrats!!!

Great stuff. :)

Lauren said...

Congrats on the nomination!

PJ Hoover said...

Thank you, Kelly! It is a happy time! And I never mind you linking to anything I've written. Especially that post. It was so near and dear to me.

Thanks, Maureen! Nice to have you drop by!

Hi Lynn. Thanks! Hope all is going great with your writing!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Miriam! Very busy. But busy is good, right? And I love your new pic.

Thanks, Keri!

Thanks, Lauren! Nice to see you back here!

Kimberly Derting said...

I've been kind of AWOL in commenting, but I've been keeping tabs on all of your exciting news! Looks like your launch was a blast (and you had me at "giant bowl of candy"!)

Congrats on everything!!!!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Kimberly! I can't wait for your release!

Tabitha said...

Woohoo!! Congrats on the nomination!! :) :)

Rebecca said...

Congratulations on the nomination, P.J.!

C.R. Evers said...

Congratulations!!! I"m glad the release has gone so well!!!! So wish I could've been there.

Solvang Sherrie said...

Congratulations -- on all of it!! I'm looking forward to reading more about Benjamin :)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Tabitha, Rebecca, Christy, and Sherrie! I really appreciate it!

beckylevine.wordpress.com said...

Happy Wednesday. And congrats on the Cybils nominations--that's fantastic!

Christina Farley said...

Things are hopping for you! Such an exciting time. Your second book. There is really something about having said you've written books with that plural.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Becky and Christina! I actually love having more than one book out. It's like a set :)

adrienne said...

That's an impressive candy bowl.
Congrats on the nominations!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congratulations on the release of your new book and the nomination. Your interview on Writers Musing was great. I loved The Emerald Tablet and can't wait to read your new book.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Adrienne! My daughter was duly impressed with the candy :)

Natalie, thank you so much for stopping by! I'm so glad you enjoyed THE EMERALD TABLET. I hope your fantasy novel is going great!

Heather Zundel said...

You're just getting love all around, aren't you? :) I really can't wait to get my hands on a copy. I still can't believe my library doesn't have them. Tsk tsk.

PJ Hoover said...

Silly library, Heather! Ask them to order it :)