"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Cynsations et al

I hope everyone is having a great week! In addition to getting ready for the awesome book release party (which I'm really excited about; can you tell?), I'm putting together a speech for Friday for a school talk I'm giving. This one is more on the craft of writing as opposed to some other topics I've given in the past (like mythology, The Hero's Journey, character development, and telekinesis vs. telepathy).

Here's a couple fun links for the middle of the week.

I'm featured on Cynsations today with fellow book-release-party author Jessica Lee Anderson. We're talking a little about our writing path, what we find rewarding, how we're marketing, and also what sophomore novel we're most looking forward to. Are you curious about mine? Click over to find out!


Want to talk about CATHCING FIRE by Suzanne Collins? Over at The Spectacle, we have a discussion going on completely full of spoilers.
Consider yourself warned. If you have not read CATHCING FIRE and you plan to, do not visit. If you have read it, then head over and weigh in!


Also up today, I posted an interview with the amazing R. L. LaFevers over on The Enchanted Inkpot. Are you curious what Robin's favorite natural wonder is? Go see! It's a great one, and one we should all enjoy. And for your enjoyment, here's a picture of me and Robin when she came to Austin!


Have a great week!

26 comments:

B.J. Anderson said...

What great pictures!! You are a doll! And good luck with your awesome book release party!!

carla said...

see you sunday.
Still waiting for specifics from my teacherfriend.
she said she's interested and will get back to me.

Anna said...

Congrats on the new book! I look forward to reading it. :-)

T. Anne said...

Good luck doing your school talk! I'd love to hear how that went. Perhaps fodder for the bog? I can't wait to read it!

Keri Mikulski said...

Great pics!! :)

Kelly said...

That was a great interview on the link! I did not know that you were called Tricia! (Is P for Patricia?)
I also did not know that there was a sequel to Forest of Hands and Teeth! That is awesome! I am looking forward to that too!

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Thanks for the link to the Catching Fire discussion! I've been waiting and waiting to discuss this book.

Next I'm off to Cynsations.

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Okay, PJ, I'm with you. I loved The Forest of Hands and Teeth and can't wait for the next.

Shannon Messenger said...

I just wanted to say hi and that I'm really enjoying your blog (I just found it this week). Congrats on the book release and wow--school presentations. The idea of those makes me very nervous and hoping I can find a way to be published without doing them (somehow I doubt it). I really hope you'll share with us how it goes...

Shelli said...

yay book release! its finally here! congrads

Miriam S.Forster said...

Good luck with the book release party! I wish I could come.

Also I read the cynsations article. Excellent! I particularly loved the reference to "Who mourns for Adonis". When I realized ST was online, it was one of the first episodes I looked up.

Such a sad ending though...

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, BJ! You are a doll for saying so :)

Thanks, Carla! See you and my daughter's BFF Sunday.

Thanks, Anna!

Great idea, T. Anne! I'll talk about the visit next week.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Keri!

Thanks, Kelly! Yes, Tricia. The P. J. seems more generic. And I can't wait for the FOREST sequel.

I love talking CATCHING FIRE, Caroline! I even got my husband reading them :)
And Yes of the FOREST sequel! It's going to rock!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks for stopping by, Shannon! I used to be petrified at the thought of talking in front of kids, but the more I do it, the more I really love it. They ask great questions!

Thanks, Shelli!

Thanks, Miriam! And you and I are truly ST comrades :) Loved that episode!

Sheri said...

Awesome! You go, Girl! There's no stopping you now.

Lady Glamis said...

Wow, you are ALL over! Keep at it!

Vivian said...

Man, just when I'm starting to catch up on blog reading, you throw me a curve ball with all these great links. Sounds like you're having a great week!

Christy Raedeke said...

Congrats on your release! I loved your interview on Cynsations, and your book trailer is killer!

What a great week for you!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Sheri! I hope not!

Thanks, Michelle!

It is a really fun week, Vivian! Talking to kids about the books is great.

Thanks, Christy! I was thrilled with the trailer, too!

lotusgirl said...

Cynsations is great. Congrats for the interview. Have fun with your talk Friday.

adrienne said...

Good luch with the book release party!

Kelly H-Y said...

What a busy and thrilling week!!! Have a TON of fun! I'm off to Cynsations to read your interview!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Lois! I love Cynsations!

Thanks, Adrienne! I'll post details next week.

Very busy, Kelly. But, yes, very fun. That's the most important part!

Robyn Campbell said...

I love this pics. Have fun with this book release.

I can't wait to read it. (I'm buying it for Ivy, but I'll read it first, turning the pages ever so gently) She DIE if she knew I'd read it first. :)

Danyelle said...

Yay! Good luck on your book release! :D Thanks for all the links. :)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Robyn! What Ivy doesn't know won't hurt her, right?

Thanks, Danyelle!