"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Friday, October 23, 2009

Five on a Friday

Happy Weekend! I love Fall. I love the weekends! We've got a packed day tomorrow complete with flag football, Kung Fu, and a party. Sunday Lego League. But busy is good, right?

I hope writing is going great for everyone! And for all those getting ready to do NaNo...whoo hoo! I'm not partaking this year. Too many revisions. But revisions are good. I aim to get through my WIP a few times by the end of November.

*I want to note that my son finished THE NAVEL OF THE WORLD last night and loved it! And not just because the book is dedicated to him. This makes me happy :)

Okay, my five for the week:

1) Check out some more awesome pics from my release party over on Cynsations. If you look closely, you can see the back of my daughter's shiny blond head complete with pony tails.

2) Beth Revis let her readers interview me. Check out the answers today over on Writing it Out!

3) And speaking of Beth Revis, thank you for the awesome review for THE NAVEL OF THE WORLD! My favorite line from the review:
"This one is better than the first. If you liked THE EMERALD TABLET, you'll love THE NAVEL OF THE WORLD."

4) The BookPeople blog, BookKids, has an interview up with Jessica Lee Anderson and me. Check it out here.

5) TOTALLY RANDOM AND OFF TOPIC OF WRITING: Why does it crack me up that in my daughter's religious ed class, they picked saints to celebrate for All Saints Day, and she picked St. Clare of Assisi, the patron saint of TELEVISION?
(I think Scooby Doo is responsible.)


Okay, off to have lunch with my son and then revise. Have a great weekend!

17 comments:

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

With a week like you are having, it's got to be a great weekend, too. Enjoy!

Solvang Sherrie said...

Fall is my favorite season, too. Not too hot (usually), not too cold (usually) -- perfect for sitting under a tree and reading, or watching reruns of Scooby Doo :)

What on earth is a Lego League?!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Tricia! I hope you have a great weekend, too!

PJ Hoover said...

I love Fall, Sherrie! I need to go buy some mixed nuts. LOL on Scooby!
In Lego League the kids build a Lego robot and then program it to do stuff. They seem to enjoy it!
have a great weekend!

Miriam S.Forster said...

She's also the patron saint of clairvoyance and eye disease. :)

Awesome "Navel of the World" stuff going on, btw. I'm really enjoying all the updates and cool stories!

PJ Hoover said...

LOL, Miriam! So is the eye disease from watching too much tv?

Kelly said...

There is a saint of television????
Have a great weekend, PJ!

Miriam S.Forster said...

That's what I'm thinking... Don't know where the clairvoyance comes in though.

PS. I gave you a blog award over at my place today. :)

PJ Hoover said...

Cracks me up, Kelly! And my daughter picked her.

Maybe Poltergeist, Miriam?
And thank you for the blog award! I will check it out!

MG Higgins said...

Really? A TV saint? That is so cool. Hope you're having a ball with all your activities today. It's chores for me then writing.

PJ Hoover said...

Chores and writing aren't all bad, MG. Hope it went well!

TerryLynnJohnson said...

New fan and fellow children's writer here. Your books look fantastic. I'll be back.
Terry

PJ Hoover said...

Hey Terry! Thank you so much for stopping by. It's always great to make new blog friends!

Lauren said...

Lego League? I had a friend in college who was really big into legos. She was a memeber of club and they'd make these amazing creations. Are you in the league? If you are, I totally want to see pictures of what you've made!

PJ Hoover said...

I love Legos, Lauren, but Lego League is for the kids only. They get to build a robot and learn to program it!
but when I put together the Lego Taj Mahal, I'll post pics!

Heather Zundel said...

Okay, the patron saint of television. I have to say I didn't see that one coming. What does she learn in her religious ed class?

PJ Hoover said...

Me either, Heather! Apparently she could see Mass on the wall when she was too sick to make it in person.