"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Roundup in the Middle of the Week

I'm busy talking up my book release party this week, visiting elementary school kids, sending emails. I have to admit, it's such an exciting time. And as a reminder, for anyone living in or around Austin, I'll be having a joint book release party with Jessica Lee Anderson, author of the upcoming BORDER CROSSING.

Sunday, October 18th, 2009
2:00pm

BookPeople


Please come! Please bring your friends. And family. And your friend's families. And their friends. Anyway, you get the idea. We want you there!

****

I need to mention a few awesome reviews for THE NAVEL OF THE WORLD. Why? Because I'm the author, that's why. Here they are with my favorite quotes from them:

"The Navel of the World is excellent middle school grade fiction...I highly recommend the Forgotten Worlds trilogy for later elementary and middle school readers." -- Jen Robinson's Book Page

"Fast paced action keeps the reader turning the pages...Fans of Rick Riordan’s Percy Jackson series will enjoy this fantasy as will Garth Nix fans too! My only question is how long do we have to wait for book three?" -- YA Books Central

"If you love books like the Percy Jackson series or just enjoy a good time-travel adventure then I heartily recommend this book!" -- Library Ninja

All I can say is THANK YOU!!!!!

***

And speaking of being the author, I'm so looking forward to speaking to my son's class tomorrow for career day. I get to talk about all the fun (and even some of the not-so-fun) things I get to do as an author.
Actually, everything is fun!

***

Book giveaway:
If you want to get a copy of THE NAVEL OF THE WORLD free no less, head over the Tabitha's blog and comment here. The winners will be announced on Halloween, which, as my kids keep telling me, is just around the corner.

***

Are you interested in winning $20 online giftcard for Powell’s bookstore and a copy of Dead Girl in Love by Linda Joy Singleton. Yes? Then head over to The Spectacle and enter to win. I want to win, but I'm afraid I don't qualify :)

***

And finally I give you some pics from the Vermont College of Fine Arts Writing Workshop in the Lone Star State awesome workshop this past weekend.

Authors Erin Edwards, Jo Whittemore, and me

Author Greg Leitich Smith and me

I'm inspired from the workshop, learned a ton, and am ready to revise. And then revise some more.

Have a great rest of the week!

29 comments:

Debbie said...

Didn't we have a blast? So good to see you there.

Best of luck with the launch.

deb

Tess said...

what a celebratory, fun time this is for you. soak it up - enjoy every second - have fun!

Christine M said...

Great reviews! And looks like a fun weekend. You certainly keep busy!

Keri Mikulski said...

Congrats on the review!! :)

Wish I could be there for the launch. :)

Rebecca said...

Halloween? Oh man...my little guy needs a costume!

Wish I could come to the book party, but I'm way to far away! I look forward to reading The Navel of the World, though.

Kelly H-Y said...

I wish I lived near Austin!!!! Sounds like you are going to have a fun weekend ... I'm so excited for you!!! Congrats on the awesome reviews too!

Kelly said...

You go to so many great events! Great pics!
Congrats on your book launch! I will be purchasing it for my son (and me;) sometime this year!

Miriam S.Forster said...

"Why? Because I'm the author, that's why." Bwahahahaha!!!!

Hurray for good reviews!!

PJ Hoover said...

You did such an amazing job, Debbie! Thank you for everything!

Thanks, Tess! I am enjoying it and stressing out way less this time around!

Thanks, Chris! I feel very busy at times but need to work on time management :)

Thanks, Keri! Wish you could be here, too!

PJ Hoover said...

I need to costume shop, too, Rebecca. This weekend for sure! Wish you could be here for the party! And thank you!

Austin is a great place to live, Kelly. Everyone should move here :)

There is nothing like good events, other Kelly, and Austin certainly has its share! Thank you!

LOL, Miriam! I figure I need to toot my own horn from time to time :)

Thanks for visiting, everyone!

Carrie Harris said...

AWESOME reviews! And well deserved, I'm sure! Can't wait to read it!

Wow. I'm overdosing on exclamation points. But I think it's justified.

PJ Hoover said...

LOL, Carrie! I always overdose on exclamation points :) Except when I use smileys.

Robyn Campbell said...

PJ, how great is life? Drink all of this in and live it to the FULLEST! Those are some AWESOME reviews my friend. Wish I could be there. :)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Robyn! I wish you could be here, too!

adrienne said...

Congrats on the great reviews!

Christina Farley said...

Looks like you had a great time! And yeah for those great reviews. Huge.

Lady Glamis said...

I just got a card in the mail for your book party! Wish I had a plane and a babysitter. :)

Trisha Pearson said...

Congrats on the great reviews! I can't wait to read Navel of the World. Enjoy your book launch!

Ron Smith said...

Great reviews, PJ. Congrats!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Adrienne! I love getting good reviews :)

The workshop was a blast, Christina. Such a good opportunity and just what I needed!

Wish you did, too, Michelle!

Thanks, Trisha! I hope it lives up to expectations!

Thanks, Ron! Long time, no hear! Thanks for stopping by!

Lenore said...

Great reviews! I just read Jen's in full and am excited about finally getting to read the book (i.e. hurry up Eleanor!!)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Lenore! I hope you (and Eleanor) like it!

Sheri said...

Oh that reminds me, I got your invitation in the mail last week. How exciting! I wish we didn't live so far away. I would so be there!

Barrie said...

Why oh why do I not live in Austin?! And, of course, congrats on the newest release!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Sheri and Barrie! Wish you guys lived closer, too!

La Fleur said...

Congratulations! I know that you will enjoy great success. Keep 'em coming!!!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks for the awesome wishes, La Fleur! And thanks for visiting!

Kim Baccellia said...

Tricia-

Your posts make me want to move to Texas! And your books are fun! Can't wait for book three!

Kim

PJ Hoover said...

You should move to Texas, Kim!