"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Sunday, November 29, 2009

THE TEXAS SWEETHEARTS!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We did plenty of relaxing and cleaning and decorating, and not a whole lot of blogging. Sometimes it's nice to get away from the Internet!

So maybe you've been curious about the icon in my upper right hand corner...

I wanted to let you guys know about a great groups of authors I'm part of, The Texas Sweethearts. The group is made up of three kids' authors from Austin: PJ Hoover (me), Jessica Lee Anderson, and Jo Whittemore. Our aim is to reach out to lovers of reading of all ages.


To read more about us, please head over and check out:
The Texas Sweethearts website
The Texas Sweethearts blog
(btw, please follow us on our blog! No, there are no prizes or contests, but you'd have our gratitude forever.)

Here's a video (designed by yours truly, no less), trying to give an idea of what The Texas Sweethearts are all about.



You can also become a fan of The Texas Sweethearts on Facebook (please!).







A couple times a month, we're going to be featuring sweethearts from the kidlit world—people who have made a true difference for others. We're taking nominations for these featured sweethearts, so if you know of someone, maybe a favorite librarian or blogger who truly makes a difference, please email us and let us know. We'll round them up each Friday and feature an interview every other week.
So don't be shy! Nominate someone today!

And a final note: We have available a critique by all three TEXAS SWEETHEARTS authors up for auction in the newest Bridget Zinn auction. Three sets of eyes. Three separate opinions. Bid until Dec. 11, 2009.
(auction id: bridget, pw: rules)

Thank you huge amounts for all your support! I hope everyone has a great week!

18 comments:

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

You guys are too cute! I made myself a follower.

Christine M said...

Great video!

storyqueen said...

If I lived in Texas, I would soooo want to be a Sweetheart of Texas! What an awesome idea.

Good Luck!

Shelley

PJ Hoover said...

Double thanks, Tricia! I totally appreciate it!

Thanks, Christine! Engineering skills put to good use :)

Thank you, Shelley! Texas is a fun place to live...

Danyelle said...

Great idea! It sounds liek a lot of fun. :D

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Danyelle!

lotusgirl said...

sounds like a great idea. It's nice to have the support of other authors in your area.

Solvang Sherrie said...

Great way to cross promote! I'll be a fan :)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Lois! There is nothing like support from other authors!

Thanks, Sherrie!

Angela said...

Texas sweethearts--I love it!

adrienne said...

Fun video! I'm off to check out your site.

Heather Zundel said...

Love it! And I love the name too - so appropriate. :)

Miriam S.Forster said...

Gratitude forever? Sounds good! *goes over and follows blog*

Ooo... the blog is so shiny... :)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Angela!

The video was fun to make, too, Adrienne! Thanks!

Thanks, Heather and Miriam!

Robyn Campbell said...

I'm a followin'! You know it.

Love the video. Maybe when Beth and I have our books we can be the Carolina cuties. :) Or not! :)

Jim Danielson said...

Gratitude forever...priceless!

Kelly H-Y said...

I love it! I noticed it a while back and clicked on the icon ... I think it's so awesome that you three are doing this ... love the name too! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

PJ Hoover said...

I love the Carolina Cuties, Robyn! Now that is darling!

It's like the MasterCard commercials, right Jim? Priceless :)

Thank you so much, Kelly! I hope you had a great T-Day, also!