"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Friday, December 18, 2009

Five on a Friday

Happy Friday! I'm thinking I'll be sparse in the blog world over the next two weeks. It seems the cookies and the parties and the Rock Band may get in the way.

(Did you hear that Santa? We want Rock Band.)
(okay, I think Santa heard.)

Here are my five for the week:

1) I love running into writer pals in unusual places! I saw author/illustrator Mark Mitchell at my daughter's school pageant. It was one of those weird "you don't belong here" moments. Aren't those fun?

Me and Mark Mitchell. (Yes, it was cold in Austin. This was taken before we'd been sitting outside for an hour.)

2) If you have a minutes, please head over and read our TEXAS SWEETHEARTS Friday Round-up (including five kidlit goals you can set for over the holidays). And thank you so much for all the support!

3) I loved this post by Shelli R. Johannes on working with an agent. It is priceless. So if you have an agent or one day hope to have an agent, head over and read it!

4) I'm reading (and loving) I SO DON'T DO MYSTERIES by the amazing and cool Barrie Summy. Barrie is hilarious in person and just as funny on the page. I think it's such a neat thing to read books by your friends and "see" your friends in the books.
(and btw, this is a fun book to buy for that later elementary/middle school gal on your list.)

5) My favorite holiday movie: JINGLE ALL THE WAY. If you haven't seen it, you have to. I you have seen it, watch it again!

And have a great weekend!

17 comments:

Solvang Sherrie said...

I met Barrie in L.A. this summer and I love her books, too. What's not to love about a heroine with curly hair named Sherry? :)

My favorite Christmas movies are Elf and A Christmas Story. I'll have to check out Jingle All the Way. Don't think I've ever seen that.

ElanaJ said...

I love Jingle All The Way too. But there's nothing that beats White Christmas.

Happy Holidays!

Miriam S.Forster said...

I'm a big White Christmas fan as well! But I've been known to get excited over a re-watch of Home Alone. :)

I hope you get Rock Band for Christmas! (and then make a video about it for all of us to watch.

Lisa Schroeder said...

Yay for Rock Band. It's really fun. I got it for my birthday. :)

I've never heard of that movie JINGLE ALL THE WAY. Will definitely check it out, thanks.

Merry Christmas P.J.!

Kelly said...

I haven't seen Jingle All The Way! Will check it out! (I love Elf!)
You will love Rock Band. Our family band is called the Buttlarks.

PJ Hoover said...

Totally agree, Sherrie! And wait, the gal's name is Sherrie :) Are you biased?
Love Elf!

I haven't seen White Christmas, Elana and Miriam. Is that horrible?
A video of Rock Band. Nice idea :)

I can't wait, Lisa! And I hope you have a great Christmas, too!

Buttlarks!?! Too funny, Kelly! We're excited to get playing!

Tabitha said...

A Christmas Story is my all time favorite christmas movie. Ralphie and Randy crack me up every year. :)

Have a great holiday!!!

PJ Hoover said...

So many people love A Christmas Story, Tabitha. Isn't that the one with the leg lamp?

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Awww, I love seeing you bundled up in Austin!
Have a wonderful, partying holiday.

PJ Hoover said...

Have a great holiday, too, Tricia!

Robyn Campbell said...

PJ, I'm headin' over to read the TEXAS SWEETHEARTS post. And Shelli's post which I shamefully admit I missed.

I also wanted to wish you and the family a Merry Christmas. I'm unplugging this week myself. I'll talk to ya soon.

PS. I hope you get the Rock Band from Sandy Claus. :)

PJ Hoover said...

Have a great unplug, Robyn! And talk to you after the New Year!

Heather Zundel said...

I'm checking out that agent post right now. And I have indeed seen Jingle All the Way

Angela said...

Rock Band is a ton a fun! Hope Santa is good to you this year!

PJ Hoover said...

Don't you love both, Heather!

Thanks, Angela! I hope ditto for you!

Keri Mikulski said...

Enjoy!! :)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Keri! You, too!