"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Win lots of books, Revisions, and Sweethearts

I hope everyone is having a great week! I was honored to be a judge for the teen literature category for the school district's Reflections Program this evening (think of it as a science fair for liberal arts). I'll get some pics loaded before Friday. There were tons of fantastic entries, and you could really see how much some of the kids loved writing.

Anyway...

I have a funny post (as in I am able to laugh at myself) on my revisions for THE EMERALD TABLET over on The Spectacle, so if you have a few minutes, head over and check it out.

And over on The Texas Sweethearts blog, we have our first official Featured Sweetheart, and it is none other than the awesome and fabulous Cynthia Leitich Smith. If you don't know Cynthia, you should :) She's so giving of her knowledge and time, I am honored to consider her a friend. Anyway, head over and read more about what makes Cynthia a sweetheart.


And finally, in case you want to win a bundle of books, there is an enormous giveaway going on over at The Enchanted Inkpot. Like we're giving away 25 fantasy books and a giftcard. See the pretty picture? So yeah, who wouldn't want to win. Head over and leave a comment on the giveaway post for your chance to win!

Have a great rest of the week!

12 comments:

lotusgirl said...

That looks like a great selection of books. I enjoyed the ones in there that I read.

Trisha Pearson said...

I bet it was so fun to read all the reflections entries. Now that's something I'd like to do one day!

Loved your post over on The Spectacle!

PJ Hoover said...

There are some great ones, Lois, and so many more I want to read! Thanks!

The Reflections entries were amazing to read, Trisha. You should do it! They were thrilled to have volunteers.
And thanks!

Kelly said...

Wow! You are all over the web! Off the check the links!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Kelly!

Robyn Campbell said...

Oh man, I bet that was super fun. Judging those kids. I'll head on over and read your post. It sounds like just what the doctor ordered. I need to laugh.

I know of Cynthia. I'll head over to read that too. Thanks!

PJ Hoover said...

The entries were awesome to judge, Robyn. And my fellow judge picked the same number one as me!

Miriam S.Forster said...

Oh, revisions! Revisions are so much fun, aren't they? :)

I need to go over and enter that contest too. So. Many. Books.

T. Anne said...

Wow lucky you. I would love to read those! Heading off to the links...

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Stop by today! I've left you a little something...

PJ Hoover said...

Revisions are fun, Miriam. Or at least have the potential to be, especially at the beginning!

It was super fun, T. Anne!

I will, Caroline! Thank you!

Carrie Harris said...

You are one popular chica, chica. And rightly so. :)