"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Friday, January 22, 2010

Five on a Friday

Can you believe it's Friday already? Again. Where does the time go? Yikes, before I know it, it will be April and my birthday. It's a big one this year :)

Here are my five for the week:

1) Thank you to everyone who made me feel better about my WIP. I worked on the beginning (yet again) last night, and already feel like it's going to be stronger. And I just have to reiterate Sherrie Peterson's comment:

"Ever watch Finding Nemo? Sing Dorrie's song with my words:

Just keep writing, and rewriting...
Just keep writing, and rewriting..."

Love this. <3

2) Huge thank you to Vivian at HipWriterMama. I won her awesome plotting organizer described here and shown below. And given how much I love office supplies (like her), I'm psyched.



3) I finished UMBRELLA SUMMER by Lisa Graff last night. I loved this book! It was so darling and touching in so many ways. I loved it as a mom and I loved it as an author who writes for the target age range. Lisa is coming to our Austin SCBWI conference next week where I'm looking forward to meeting her!

4) On the kids front, we're working hard on our Derby Car for this year's Cub Scout Derby. Last year our starship Enterprise took first place for best detail. This year, my son wanted to do a shark. It's amazing what a little paint can do. Look for pictures next week.

5) Up for the week ahead: revisions for my WIP and critiques for the SCBWI Conference. I've got a stack of ten to work on, and I can't wait to dig in!


* For the Friday Roundup from the Texas Sweethearts, check out our blog complete with this picture of Jo Whittemore and Jessica Lee Anderson.

Have a great weekend!

18 comments:

Miriam S. Forster said...

Ooo.... a shark! I can't wait to see it. :)

Have a great weekend, PJ!

Elana Johnson said...

Oooh, I'm adding that book to my TBR pile. Thanks PJ!

lotusgirl said...

That Umbrella Summer looks like one I'd really enjoy.

Amy Allgeyer Cook said...

Cute shirts!! Happy Friday!

Kelly said...

Go Sharky Go! :)
Congrats on winning the plot organizer. Vivian is creatively organized!
I love the TX Sweetheart shirts!

Kiki Hamilton said...

Someone else who loves the smell of Office Depot when you walk in? ahh...I love to be organized... :)

Just keep writing and rewriting - I'm going to sing that song all day cuz I'm in the same boat!

Happy Friday!

Trisha Pearson said...

Congrats on winning the organizer and have a great weekend!

PJ Hoover said...

I can't wait to see it either, Miriam! I have this vision in my head, but so far only the gray and white are painted.
And you too!

You'll love it, Elana! It's a fantastic read.

Lois, it's charming in so many ways. I really admire her writing ability.

Thanks, Amy! You, too!

PJ Hoover said...

Sharky! LOL, Kelly. Have you been playing Lego Rock Band?
And yes, Vivian is amazing. And super nice to go along with it.

It takes huge self control when I walk into office depot, Kiki. Love that place. So many markers and index cards.
And the song is fantastic, isn't it!

Thanks, Trisha! You, too!

TerryLynnJohnson said...

Sounds like a perfect thing for you to win! Love the upbeat song.
I've finally got my copy of the Emerald Tablet! Yeah! But I'm neck deep in revisions working with my editor - not doing much else right now!

PJ Hoover said...

Best of luck with your revisions, Terry! How very cool! And yay for THE EMERALD TABLET. Thank you tons for ordering!

Christina Farley said...

I loved the Thing About Georgie! So good. I bet this one will be great too.

Cute shirts!

PJ Hoover said...

I'll have to read that one, Christina. And thanks!

C.R. Evers said...

I'll have to check out that potting organizer! I need that!

Vivian said...

You're so sweet, PJ. I'm so glad you had a great week and hope you like the organizer. Can't wait to see your derby car!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

PJ Hoover said...

I think it will be awesome, Christy! I'm totally stoked!

Thanks, Vivian! And you are the sweet one. I'm so glad I won!

Solvang Sherrie said...

You are so lucky to have won that fabulous prize. I love office stores like my husband loves Bass Pro Shops! And I'm glad you liked my little song :)

PJ Hoover said...

Bass Pro shops. Too funny, Sherrie. People who love them, love them.