Tomorrow (Saturday), I'm presenting here in Austin, TX at our SCBWI meeting on how to put POWER into your PowerPoint! I can't wait! So if you live in the area and can make it out, the meeting is
Saturday, March 6th at 11:00 at BookPeople.Be there (please)!
1) I love my Vado HD Video Cam. I want to record everything and piece it together, but I will try to control myself.
2) My son loved the MAGIC THIEF books by Sarah Prineas! So much in fact, after he read the first book, we (I) made the biscuits recipe from the back, and after he read the second, we (I) spent two hours cooking the chicken pot pie recipe from the back.
I felt totally domestic.
3) It turns out grocery shopping is not so dreaded after all. See, on Friday afternoons, our HEB has wine samples, beer samples, and fish samples (given that it's Lent). Last week I had two types of white wine while enjoying salmon with pesto sauce. And I even remembered the toilet paper (but forgot the Tide).
4) The Texas Sweethearts have donated a three-sets-of-eyes critique for the YABC auction. You can read all the details here.
5) I'm the new children's book reviewer for New Age Retailer! In case you don't get NAR, it's the leading trade magazine for the New Age market.
*Note: if your book is an upcoming or recent release and fits in the New Age category in some manner, let me know.
Click here for our Friday roundup from the Texas Sweethearts.
Have a great weekend!