"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Spring Break Friday

Happy Friday, everyone!

I'm here in Virginia until the 22nd! Plans for the week ahead include a workshop for a creative writing club on Tuesday in Woodstock, VA and then the Virginia Festival of the Book on Saturday the 20th. Not only am I on a really cool author panel there, I get to see a bunch more panels and authors! You can check out the entire event here.

*****

I have to share this review from Teens Read Too for THE NAVEL OF THE WORLD. Yes, NAVEL got a FIVE STAR review and the GOLD STAR AWARD OF EXCELLENCE! Yay! I love Teens Read Too and am so happy about the review! Thank you, Tasha and Teens Read Too!
My favorite line from the review:
"THE NAVEL OF THE WORLD is definitely suitable for anyone looking for adventure and fun. I compared the first book of the series, THE EMERALD TABLET, to the PERCY JACKSON AND THE OLYMPIANS series, but after reading this book I dare say that they are better!"

*****

So I'll probably blog and comment sporadically in the next week, so here are some reminders:

There's a giveaway for FRONT PAGE FACE-OFF by Jo Whittemore on my blog. All you have to do is comment on her interview post by the end of the day Sunday, March 14th. THE TEXAS SWEETHEARTS are giving away a critique by editor Madeline Smoot. To enter, follow the Texas Sweethearts blog and comment on the critique post!


Have a great weekend and week ahead!

14 comments:

Karen said...

Congrats!

Tess said...

Spring break already? Wow!

And, congrats on the review. We loved the novel. My daughter read it twice :D

Vonna said...

That looks like a fantastic event. Wish I could be there! Congratulations on your five star review!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats on the review. Have fun this weekend.

Solvang Sherrie said...

What an awesome review! Yay!

Danyelle said...

Yay and congrats! Be safe and have a great time. :)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Karen!

I know, Tess. Spring Break! Yikes. And I am so happy you guys enjoyed NAVEL! That makes my day!

Thanks, Vonna! I wish you could be here too. But we'll have to content ourselves to see each other at the next Houston or Austin event we go to.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Natalie! I hope you have a great weekend, too!

Thanks, Sherrie! the review made my day/week/month/year :)

Hope you have a great week, too, Danyelle! Thanks!

beckylevine said...

Have a wonderful time! I lived in Virginia for a year or so, and I still miss it. Virginia and books-it's just a great combo!

Lady Glamis said...

Awesome about that review and gold star status!

Christy Raedeke said...

What a dreamy review!

Have a great trip.

PJ Hoover said...

I miss it, too, Becky! I love coming back to visit.

Thanks, Michelle. I hope you're doing great!

Thanks, Christy! I was thrilled with the review!

Thanks for visiting, all.

Kelly said...

Congrats, PJ! (and Navel of the World is going in my son's Easter basket this year!)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Kelly! That thrills me!