"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Writing, writing, writing

For those of you who watched the video I posted Sunday, you know I'm fresh onto a new writing project. And I love it. Can I mention how nice it is to be writing something I love writing? My last project, though a very good learning experience, never gave me those warm fuzzies. This one already has for which I am eternally thankful.

And now for some randomness...

*****

I actually have five presentations this month! The first is this Saturday. I'll be presenting here in Austin, TX at our SCBWI meeting on how to put POWER into your PowerPoint! I've just about finished my presentation, and I can't wait! So if you live in the area and can make it out, the meeting is on Saturday, March 6th at 11:00 at BookPeople. Be there (please)!

*****

We have a massive book giveaway for librarians going on over on The Spectacle. Massive as in eleven books! So if you're a librarian, head over and enter. If you're not but you happen to know a librarian, please let them know! Libraries love books :)

*****

I got together with about fifteen other authors this past weekend, and we chatted about everything from favorite inspirational quotes to purple nail polish. And guess what? I captured a clip from just about everyone on video. If you hang in until the end, there's a free zombie haiku!



*****

Over on The Texas Sweethearts blog, our featured sweetheart this week is the very cool Alice Pope, editor for Writer's Digest. And best off, Wednesday, March 3rd is her birthday! Show her some birthday love!

*****

So it turns out I'll be at both BEA and ALA this year!!!!! Anyone else out there planning to make it to NYC or DC for either of these?

*****

Hope everyone is having a great week!

16 comments:

Danyelle said...

Wow! Good luck on your presentations!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Danyelle! I'm excited!

Kelly H-Y said...

What a busy (and fun!!) week for you!

Christina Farley said...

Glad your new book is giving you lots of love!

Miriam S. Forster said...

Fun! Sounds like you're having a blast. Congratulations on the presentations and all the new warm fuzzies!

PJ Hoover said...

Very fun, Kelly!

Thanks, Christina! It's a good feeling.

Thanks, Miriam! Presentations are fun :)

Tess said...

five presentations? how fun is that? and .. I love the buzz that comes with a new project. Isn't the writing life fantastic?

Kelly said...

You do so many fun authorly things! Love it! Good luck on all of your presentations! The Author salon looks like it was friendly and fun!

beth said...

Oh, very very VERY exciting!!!

...I have to ask--what's the advantage for an author at BEA? I'm ignorant--I know why publishers, agents, etc. go, but why should an author go?

Elana Johnson said...

Wow, you are made of awesome! Did you clone yourself? How are you getting so much done? :)

lotusgirl said...

It's nice to be excited about what you're writing. I'm having fun with my new writing project too.

Anna said...

Yay for the warm fuzzies! Happy writing. :-)

PJ Hoover said...

The writing life is great, Tess! So much hope in the future!

Authorly things are so fun, Kelly! I love doing them. Thanks!

I've always wanted to go to BEA, Beth! I think there are all sorts of advantages if you know your goals. We can talk offline! plus I will be signing.

PJ Hoover said...

Cloning would be convenient, Elana. I could get so much more done!

I'm so glad it's going well for you, Lois. That is what writing is all about!

You, too, Anna!

Marcia said...

Glad you're loving that new book!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Marcia! Me, too!