"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Five on a Friday

Hey, everyone! I hope you all had a great week and have fun plans for the weekend ahead!

1) I'm signing at Barnes & Noble in the Arboretum in Austin on Saturday, May 1st at 2:00 pm. If you happen to live in the area, I'd love to see some familiar faces! Please come by. I'll even tell you where the bathroom is and where the TWILIGHT books are shelved.

I was so psyched to walk into said Barnes & Noble on Wednesday and see this amazing display of my books front and center. Like first thing when you walk into the store. Everyone would see them.


And yes, I even took the obligatory picture of me standing by the display :)


2) I had a fantastic birthday! Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes. I managed to write for a good chunk of the day with some writer pals and was even granted this awesome crown by Jessica Lee Anderson. I totally felt like a queen for the day!

Jessica Lee Anderson, Me, K. A. Holt, and E. Kristin Anderson


3) For those of you who didn't watch my video or who just love Smurfs, here's a close up of my latest ones added to the collection. These are the Zodiac Smurfs. Do you see your sign?


4) An update on reading...

This week I read
DEMON PRINCESS: REIGN OR SHINE by Michelle Rowan
It was such a fun novel with a great voice. I'm already looking forward to the sequel
DEMON PRINCESS: REIGN CHECK when it comes out in May.

I just started
PROPHECY OF DAYS - Book One: THE DAYKEEPER'S GRIMOIRE by Christy Raedeke
which so far I love!


5) I'm off to make Corn Husk dolls at my son's elementary school tomorrow to celebrate Pioneer Day. I got my refresher lesson this afternoon, so I am ready to go!


You can check out the Texas Sweethearts Friday roundup here!

Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

Solvang Sherrie said...

Love the P.J. Hoover display! How cool is that?! Would have been enough to make me smile all day :)

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Yay, display! That is great. I'm sure you'll have a great signing-day!

Christine Marciniak said...

How awesome! Enjoy your signing! And making corn husk dolls! What a great birthday week you're having!

PJ Hoover said...

It did make me smile, Sherrie! And each time I see the photo, ditto. Thank you!

Thanks, Tricia! I loved the display and can't wait for the signing :)

Thanks, Chris! It has been a fantastic birthday week! Have a great weekend!

beth said...

AWESOME!!!!! LOVE the PJ Hoover display. Heckyeah, that's an obligatory picture to take!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Beth! Looking forward to a similar picture from you next year!

Kayeleen Hamblin said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday! And thanks for all the comments on my blog. I love having you come by.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Kayeleen! And I love coming by your blog!

Marcia said...

Happy signing, PJ!:)

Vonna said...

I hope you had a great signing, P.J. What a stunning display!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Marcia and Vonna! Signing was a blast today!

Jonathon Arntson said...

Thought I'd say hello, you're the stop after mine on the Spread the Awesome tour.

I saw my sign, Leo! I love it.

I think it's uber cool that there is a shelf full of James Patterson's latest book right next to your display. Job well done!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Jon, for stopping by! And for linking to me tomorrow!
I did love the placement of the books in the store. I can't ask for any better than that :)