"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Sunday, April 18, 2010

My TLA 2010 Wrap Up

First...

Without further ado, the winner of BORDER CROSSING by Jessica Lee Anderson is


Hey, this means BORDER CROSSING is headed to Korea!

Christina, please email me your shipping info!

*****

I had a blast at this year's TLA! I drove down Thursday and Friday with Jo Whittemore, E. Kristen Anderson, and K. A. Holt. The gals kept me chatting the whole time, and we were there in no time.

E. Kristen Anderson and Me

So we checked out all the booths, saw tons of amazing authors, and then headed for our Texas Sweethearts reception. We had such a great turnout that we didn't get a single sweet treat for ourselves. Not to worry as I have tons of Hershey's Kisses left over. But the cookies and brownies and lemon drops flew off the trays.
And Then There Were None.

After the reception, we headed to the publisher/author party a few blocks away. I didn't even mind walking through the rain since I had Sweetheart Jessica Lee Anderson on my arm :)

Walking through the rain with Jessica

Okay, at the party I talked to tons of way cool authors including Jay Asher, Ellen Hopkins, Mary Pearson, Kathleen Duey and Lisa Schroeder.

Bethany Hegedus, E. Kristen Anderson, Lisa Schroeder, K. A. Holt, and Jessica Lee Anderson

Jessica, Lisa, and Me

And, you know, I'm totally cool with talking to all these people. That said, I found out what my fandom limit was when I turned into a total fangirl.

Yes, I had a conversation with Rick Riordan and I totally gushed and oohed and aahed. I didn't have the guts to ask for a picture with him, but here he is after our conversation.

Yay Rick Riordan!

Friday turned up more books and more awesome cool people to talk to. I signed books for a couple hours and then we headed back to Austin.

Me getting SACRED SCARS signed by Kathleen Duey.

For a Texas Sweethearts wrap up and more pictures, check out our Texas Sweethearts blog post!

And have a great week!

25 comments:

Tess said...

That looks like a swinging time! love the matching Texas Sweethearts T-shirts. You're living the life :D

PJ Hoover said...

It just lends itself to awesomeness, Tess! When your book comes out, you should come!

Emily said...

What a fun weekend! I don't know about you, but my shoulders are still sore!

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Those pictures are great! I especially like the walking in the rain. Sigh. What a sweet life, huh?

Kayeleen Hamblin said...

That looks like so much fun! Now, I'm pretty sure I need to go to a great conference.

Marcia said...

This looks like such a great time. And good for you for getting in on all those conversations *she said shyly*.

Vonna said...

Color me green! It sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Jessica Lee Anderson said...

It is so cool that BORDER CROSSING is heading to Korea! I had such a wonderful time hanging out with you!!! Walking in the rain was fun, wasn't it?

PJ Hoover said...

Totally still sore here, Emily. But I have some great reading material while I heal.

Luckily the rain wasn't pouring, Tricia. And the red in the umbrella was purely coincidence :)

PJ Hoover said...

You totally do, Kayeleen. Conferences are a blast!

Are you an introvert, Marcia? The good thing is everyone is so friendly!

beth said...

WOW! That looks like so much fun!!

PJ Hoover said...

LOL, Vonna! How about red.
It was way cool and it'll be in Austin next year!

Yay for Border Crossing and Korea, Jessica!

PJ Hoover said...

Next year, Beth? Your book will be there for sure!

laurapauling said...

Sounds like a blast!

PJ Hoover said...

I highly recommend it, Laura!
Thanks for visiting!

Amy Allgeyer Cook said...

So glad you had a great time!! :) And welcome home.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Amy! It was such an awesome time.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Sounds like fun. Wish we had as many awesome author opportunities in Michigan.

Anna said...

Looks like a great time! I met Rick Riordan a couple years ago and managed to say one coherent sentence to him as he signed my book. Then I just stared at him, grinning like a fool. I'm sure he gets it all the time!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

J-E-A-L-O-U-S!! But in a good way! :-)

PJ Hoover said...

We are really fortunate about TLA, Natalie. It's one of the best!

I am so glad I'm not the only one, Anna! That makes me feel much better :)

Always a good way, Shannon! I totally get that!

Solvang Sherrie said...

Okay, I would be total fangirl around Rick Riordan. The man is brilliant! And I LOVE your Texas Sweethearts shirts :)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Sherrie! I was so happy to talk to him!

Christina Farley said...

Yippeeeeeeee!!!!! I'm so excited about reading the book. Thanks so much.

I'm totally drooling over your conference. So cool.

PJ Hoover said...

You will love BORDER CROSSING, Christina! Yay!