Happy Friday, everyone!
I hope you're all looking forward to a great weekend. Mine includes a sparring tournament (for the kids, not me), a crawfish boil (yummy), and some great revising, critiquing, and reading.
And before I forget, if you ever wonder why I love dystopic stories, you can head over to The Spectacle to find out (hint: think way back to the 70s). We've been posting all week on the topic.
Also this week on The Texas Sweethearts blog we featured awesome librarian Christina Hicks! She'd love for you to stop by and show her some love!
Here are my five for the week:
1) So I know. I promised not to overdo the kids' artwork. But when my daughter crafted this in the morning, I grabbed it and scanned it in immediately. I especially like her phonetic spelling of "awesome" (which, of course, it totally is).
2) Did I mention I'm heading to BEA next week? So I'm over the moon excited about this! I'm heading up there with fellow Texas Sweetheart Jessica Lee Anderson (we're even sitting across from each other on the plane). I've got my schedule partially mapped out, and can't wait. And I'm lucky enough to have a cousin who lives in Manhattan and is letting me stay with her!
3) Thank you to reader Theron for sending me this way cool picture of a Nogical he created. I was lucky enough to speak to Theron's class a few weeks ago and loved all the great questions and love of reading they had.
4) And speaking of Jessica Lee Anderson, I was able to go listen to her give the keynote speech at the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) annual luncheon today. The event was first class, the food was delicious, and Jessica was spot-on perfect. We met Cynthia Leitich Smith briefly afterward for a quick chat which is always a treat.
5) Okay, finally, here's a photo of what we were greeted with at our front door the other day. So sweet!
Have a great weekend!