"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Sunday, May 16, 2010

A Million Bits of Fun

So it seems like a ton has been going on the last week, and the weeks ahead are filled, too. There's just something about this time of year that fills the calendar. But busy is good. Actually great! I'd much rather be busy than idling away my minutes.

Oh, here's a good quote I found:

"What would be the use of immortality to a person who cannot use well a half an hour?"
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson, poet

So yeah, get out there and do something!

*****

A couple fun things I wanted to share:
First off, THE EMERALD TABLET made the bestseller list! Sure, it's the Austin Arboretum Barnes & Noble bestseller list, but it was printed up in the Austin paper and everything!
Here's the link! And do you see I am ahead of Rick Riordan?
I'm thinking Austin B&N today. NY Times tomorrow!


Second, I loved this picture I took at our local indie BookPeople this past weekend. It's a staff selection for THE EMERALD TABLET. Thank you, BookPeople!



And look at the good company I'm in with MIKE STELLAR NERVES OF STEEL by K. A. Holt on the shelf also!

On a third note, guess who came to visit for good? Anyone remember Critter, that cute little blue cow creature from Ian Sands? Well Critter's brother Critter is now a permanent resident in our home. A huge thank you to Christy Evers for snagging and mailing Critter to us! We are overjoyed here at the Hoover household. And look, Critter has already gotten into the Nancy Drews.
Critter plans to get together with his other brother Critter who is now in the care of Austin author Cynthia Leitich Smith.


Oh, yeah, and finally, here's a fun video I put together for THE TEXAS SWEETHEARTS blog this week!



Hope you all have a GREAT week!

30 comments:

Christine Marciniak said...

You are a great example for how to live life to it's fullest!

PJ Hoover said...

As are you, Chris! Thanks!

Tess said...

Wow-za...this is all really great stuff. Congrats and enjoy (I know you are:D )

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Tess!

beth said...

That is a freaking AWESOME staff pick card! Very very very cool!

Christy Raedeke said...

Wow, a besteller list! Congrats!

PJ Hoover said...

I loved the card, Beth! I want to snag it when they're done with it. Actually I want it to stay up always :)

Thanks, Christy! I can see your book there, too!

TerryLynnJohnson said...

WOW! Congratulations on all your major success! You must be flying! And such a cute video! No wonder your school visits go so well, you have such presence.

Indigo said...

Loved the Emerson quote. I need to post that above my desk.

Wicked cool news on your book! I'm sitting here smiling, absolutely thrilled for you. (Hugs)Indigo

PJ Hoover said...

Thank you so much, Terry! Good things seem to come in packs. I was thrilled with the book stuff!

I love the quote, too, Indigo. It really makes me think about how I spend my time. And thank you so much for the kind thoughts!

Miriam S. Forster said...

And after the New York Times... THE WORLD!!! *laughs evilly*

Seriously though, congratulations. That's awesome!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats on the good news. And it's good to know that public speaking gets easier & is actually fun.

PJ Hoover said...

The world. Love it, Miriam! Thank you!!!!!

Thanks, Natalie! Yes, it gets easier each time!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Nice vlog, PJ. :)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Sharon!

Rena said...

That's great -- all of it!

Congrats on the list, too!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Rena!

Lynn Colt said...

Congrats on all of this - it's amazing!! You are inspiring me to get busy and get stuff done :)

Robyn Campbell said...

Congrats girl. That is super awesome. Bestseller list. Too cool. All I know is, Ivy and I love The Emerald Tablet. Lots of other folks do too. =)

And Emerson is one of my favorites. Great quote.

I see you have been doing great. I missed you and can't wait to catch up. *hugs* Tricia! ^_^

James said...

Hey, congrats. I love that Emerson quote. So true.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Lynn! You have a ton of great stuff going on, too!

Thanks, Robyn. And hi to Ivy! I've been missing your blog.

Thanks, James. The quote is perfect, isn't it!

Christina Farley said...

So exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats.

Rebecca said...

Congratulations on being a best seller!

Vonna said...

Wow; a Book People Staff Pick Card! That's the stuff dreams are made of. Congratulations!

Sarah said...

Congrats on hitting the bestseller list! So cool!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Christina, Vonna, Rebecca, and Sarah! It's been a good week!

Jason said...

Way to go, PJ! That's fantastic!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Jason! And I think you have some good news of your own. Heading over to congratulate you!

laurapauling said...

That was a great vlog! Kids really aren't that scary! :)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Laura! It's funny how I used to think they were so frightening :)