"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Friday, June 11, 2010

Five on a Friday

Happy Friday! Hope everyone had a great week. Next week is sure to be super for writing as both kids will be in camp (so looking forward to it!). It's Kung Fu camp which is inside and all day and fun.
BTW, if you haven't tried a martial arts, I so think you should go out and do it today. Kicking, punching, katas. It's awesome! And that's not even mentioning the cute gi you get to wear.

Here are my five for the week:

1) I keep forgetting to mention and thank Adventures in Children's Publishing for THE EMERALD TABLET being voted as a winner in their Underappreciated YA Poll. Yay for THE EMERALD TABLET!


2) For anyone into way cool 3D game art, my Kung Fu friend, Erik McKenney, is a finalist in the Unearthly Challenge 2009. I love looking at all the entries, but of course I'm partial in thinking his is the best!


3) Huge thank you to everyone who has entered the contest to win MATCHED and LINGER! I'm planning on a new contest starting Monday to give away DELIRIUM by Lauren Oliver and THE ETERNAL ONES by Kirsten Miller, so make sure to come back by.


4) In a week, I'm off to Virginia for a week! Awesome Jessica Lee Anderson will be joining me for ALA (so excited!). I plan to make sure to see The Library of Congress this time around (have never done this). More Virginia vacation plans next week!


5) I have a writing day today, so I'm off to write!


Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Lydia Kang said...

Thanks for the links, and good luck with your writing!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Congrats on winning. I nominated you.

Have fun at ALA and thanks for having another contest.

I'm hoping to get some writing done this weekend too.

Marcia said...

Happy writing and happy Virginia. I like the new pic you have up!

Solvang Sherrie said...

I think I'm going to end up back on a late night writing schedule now that kids are home from school. Have fun in Virginia and congrats on being underappreciated :)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Lydia! Right back at you!

Thanks, Natalie! I totally appreciate it. I need to set a goal for how much writing I plan to get done this weekend.

Thanks, Marcia! I figured it was time for a change in the pics.

Funny, Sherrie, as recently the early morning thing has been tempting me. I may try it for a week and see how it goes.
Thanks!

Keri Mikulski said...

Have fun and writing and have fun in Virginia! :) xoxo

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Keri! I hope you have a great summer, too!

Christina Farley said...

Have a great writing day! And sounds like another fun trip your heading off to.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Christina! I bet you're getting excited for your summer!

TerryLynnJohnson said...

oh, congrats on getting recognized at the poll! THat's awesome. And have fun at ALA! I'm hoping to get to that next year!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Terry! I hope to see you at next year's ALA!