"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Off to Virginia

I leave today for a month in Virginia. I loved growing up there and always can't wait to visit each year. This year the highlights will be:

  • ALA! Yes. ALA happens to be in DC this year, and fellow TEXAS SWEETHEART Jessica Lee Anderson will be joining me for it! Look for us there! We're planning to hit The Library of Congress along with lunch in Chinatown, too.
  • The annual trip to Osceola Mills, PA! Nothing like ATV rides, relatives, and marshmallow roasting to make the Fourth of July special. And I'm hoping to find some new antique bricks for my collection.
  • The beach and seashell collecting.
  • Revising. I will write while I'm away.
  • Blogging! Yes, I'm going to be blogging and continuing to give away awesome ARCs as I read them. So don't go away!

Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Have a wonderful month--it sounds great and enjoy ALA!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Have a good trip. You picked a good month. I bet it'll feel good to get out of the Texas heat.

Marcia said...

Have a fantastic time!

ali said...

Wow how wonderful and inspiring that will be! Lucky!

Miriam S. Forster said...

Sounds awesome! And I'm jealous you get to go to ALA. :) Have fun and safe travels!

TerryLynnJohnson said...

wow, sounds like an amazing trip planned. and productive too! can't beleive you'll get writing and blogging done! Have fun at ALA. A few Elevensies will be there too!

storyqueen said...

This sounds so fun! Are you going to the Library Cart contest at ALA? I would love to see that!

get some pretty shells!

Shelley

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, everyone! I'm not sure about the cart contest, Shelley. It sounds like fun!

Tess said...

a month? Wowza! Have lots of fun :D

Kelly H-Y said...

Sounds fabulous ... have a fantastic trip!