Who can believe summer is halfway over? Seriously. Where has the time gone? We're supposed to hit 100 today here in Austin which you may not think is unusual, and normally it isn't. But we've had a mild summer thus far deep in the heart of Texas.
Here are five things for the week:
1) My mother-in-law and her sister are visiting this week, and the sister has an iPhone. Yes, now I really do want one (or a similar phone). I'm beyond impressed. I think it was the Star Walking app that really pushed me over.
2) My tortoises are getting huge. So big I am now thinking we're at the point where they need to grow into a little more space (like the backyard). Must research heated enclosures for tortoises.
3) I'm listening on audio to THE HELP by Kathryn Stockett, and can I just say I am beyond impressed. Talk about voice. This book should be used as a teaching tool. It's amazing.
4) Also finally reading BEFORE I FALL by Lauren Oliver. I've heard so many, many good things about this book, and ten pages in, I'm not disappointed (I was very tired last night while reading).
5) I forgot to mention we're giving away a whole shlew of books over on The Spectacle including and ARC of MATCHED by Ally Condie. For your chance to win, check out this post! And wait...there are only two more days to enter!
I'm looking at two weeks of camp in the future which equates to two weeks of writing time for me! The kids love it. I love it. All around, it's a win-win situation. In the meantime, I'm off to admire my bookshelves just a bit more.