"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

More Fun from ALA

Sunday was the designated fun day at ALA. We got a late start, had a few signings we wanted to make, and otherwise had no agenda until the evening when we went to hear the Newbery and Caldecott speeches. The first thing we did upon getting there was hit the free ice cream bar booth. Sorry, no pics :) But the next booth was even better.

Jessica Lee Anderson (BORDER CROSSING) and me having our picture taken with the President :) And no, he is not wax. Once we convinced Libba Bray (GOING BOVINE) of this fact, she and Tammi Sauer (CHICKEN DANCE) and Cynthea Liu (PARIS PAN) also had their pictures taken with him.


I had to get a picture of The Very Hungry Caterpillar (with Cynthea and Jessica).


We stopped by Mitali Perkins (BAMBOO PEOPLE) signing where she took this picture of Jessica and me.


And we made a point of stopping by Andrew Smith's signing (THE MARBURY LENS) where I fangirled it over his books. I did mention you guys should read THE MARBURY LENS when it comes out this fall, right?


Holly Cupola (TELL ME A SECRET) was also on our list of signings for the day. Jessica, me, Holly, and Libba.


The exhibit floor from above


Book Bloggers Meaghan Stevens (A Bookworm's Haven), James Booth (Book Chic), and me


Everyone should wear a chicken hat. Here I am at Tammi Sauer's signing.


Jessica and I went to dinner with Tammi and Cynthea and then headed to the awards.


Me, Cynthea, and Pam Bachorz (CANDOR)

We're winding down on days (only one more!). Now, posting all these, I wish I was going to SCBWI LA. Anyone going to that who will promise to take pics so I can read all about it?

9 comments:

lotusgirl said...

What a great lot of fun!

Angela Ackerman said...

So great to live vicariously through you, PJ. And how awesome are those photo ops? And the chicken hats?

Love it!

Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

PJ Hoover said...

So much fun, Lois!

The chicken hat was darling, Angela! And have I told you recently how much I love your blog?

Miriam S. Forster said...

I agree, everyone should TOTALLY wear a chicken hat from time to time.

Sadly, I don't have one... :)

PJ Hoover said...

Hmmm...Miriam. We'll have to arrange for you to meet Tammi!

Kelly H-Y said...

What fun ... LOVE all the pics!!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Kelly! I'm glad I remembered to take them!

TerryLynnJohnson said...

love this whirlwind tour of ALA. Hoping I can make it next year. Looks like you have a blast (and with the President too!)

PJ Hoover said...

LOL, Terry! The president was a nice surprise!