"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Monday, August 16, 2010

Adding Some Flair

This weekend I decided to repaint my office. Yes, I'll post pics once I'm done, but it's been a major, paint-all-the-walls, stenciling/multiple colors kind of thing. Anyway, I bid on this wooden mirror with little accent mirrors at our Austin SCBWI Conference this past January and won it in the silent auction, and it's been in my office prior. (It was designed by Austin illustrator Jeff Byington.) With the redecoration, I decided to pull out the glue gun and add a little flair of my own.


Um, yeah, this was fun. I suggest everyone should go out and do the same! And have a great week!

10 comments:

Tabitha said...

I love the Star Trek badge!!! :)

My oldest son is just about old enough to introduce TNG to him. We've got four weeks of no camp before school starts, so I might break out an episode or two and see how it goes. :)

Looking forward to pics of your office!

PJ Hoover said...

Yay for TNG, Tabitha. My kids love watching it. We're almost done with season 7 (we've watched over two years now). Hope your week is great!

Kelly said...

That is a cool idea! Very unique and very you!

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Kelly! I bet yours would have tons of music and concert things on it!

Robyn Campbell said...

Great mirror. You know you made us want one. I think mine would have lots of horses on it. And pics of the kids. Especially Christopher. Great idea. Off to talk with the hubby. I gotta have one now. Oh,and the hubby thanks ya, Tricia. hehe

adrienne said...

That has lots of personality! It does make me want to dig out the glue gun.

Miriam S. Forster said...

Ooo! Shiny! I like shiny!

My husband laughs at me because I'm fascinated with my own reflection. (and other people's) I'll stand in front of the mirror making faces for twenty minutes.

Mirrors rule!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

I'd say doing something creative is a great way to celebrate IBKTY week. WTG, PJ! It turned out wonderful...

Angela Ackerman said...

Of course there is a star trek badge! Awesome!

Danyelle said...

This, like you, is a beautiful work of art! :)