"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Friday, August 13, 2010

Five on a Friday!

I hope you're all having a great week and a great summer in general! We're actually off to the movies tonight to see INCEPTION. Everyone keeps telling me I need to concentrate when I'm watching it, so I'm not sure what to expect. Still, it's a movie without the kids which is exciting and new :)

Here are my five for the week:


1) Reading and really enjoying MUSEUM OF THIEVES by Lian Tanner (Delacorte, Sept 2010). It's MG fantasy, and I'd highly recommend it. And if my rec isn't good enough, my son read it and as soon as he finished he said "I can't wait for book 2!"


2) Had a fabulous lunch this week with new-to-Austin writer Samantha Clark! Looking forward to lunch today with fellow TEXAS SWEETHEART Jo Whittemore!


3) I love the cover for Jenny Ziegler's new book, SASS AND SERENDIPITY (Delacorte, July 2011). Isn't it perfect! (Even the small text at the top is right on.)


4) I have a new WIP! And the best part is I'm really loving working on it. New characters. New setting. I'm about 50 pages in and having a great time with it. Hope writing is flowing well for you guys, too.


5) There's only one week left until school starts! And this time it's both kids meaning my baby is off to Kindergarten. She gave up sucking her thumb cold turkey and sadly her blanket, too. Le sigh.


Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Thanks for the book tips. I hope you enjoy the movie and your weekend!

Solvang Sherrie said...

Both of those books look great. There is just not enough time to read all the books I want to read!

Natalie Aguirre said...

I'm going to add Museum of Thieves to my to read list. You'll have to let us know what you think of the movie. Enjoy your last week before school. We don't start till after Labor Day.

Amy Allgeyer Cook said...

Yay for WIP's!! :) Museum of Theives is totally up my alley, though I will have to share it with The Boy.

Here's to having made it through One. More. Summer! Cheers~

storyqueen said...

Congratulations on your new WIP!!

And I love the title Museum of Thieves.

Good Luck!

Shelley

C.R. Evers said...

I'm adding the museum of thieves to my list as well! Love the Serendipity cover!

Yay! for fun WIP's!

Rebecca said...

Congratulations on the new WIP! I'm sure it will be fab. And thanks for the recommendation. I'm always looking for new reads.

My son had a similar reaction when he read The Magic Thief, and we just got him the second book.

Tess said...

Hooray for that wonderful feeling of a new WIP...ah, the drive, the passion, the excitement. I'm all flushed just thinking about it :D

And, good luck w/ the baby going into kindergarten. I remember that day and it was a tough one. But, I scheduled lunch w/ a friend and that helped.

PJ Hoover said...

You're welcome, Tricia! So far the weekend is great. Hope yours is too!

There really isn't, Sherrie. I think if I ever stop getting an inflow of books, I could read on what I have for years.

It's great, Natalie! And wow, you guys have a while to go still.

PJ Hoover said...

Total yay for WIPs, Amy! The boy would love MOT.

Thanks, Shelley! I love the cover and title and book of MOT so far which is so nice! Love your pic, btw!

Isn't the Serendipity cover perfect, Christy?

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Rebecca! My son loved Magic Thief, too. I had to make the biscuits from the recipes in back :)

I'm flustered, too, Tess, from the WIP. And really enjoying having something new to work on. Lunch with a friend already sounds nice for that day :)