"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Torts are Both Boys?

At this point, we're 100% sure King Tort is a boy and about 80% sure on Nefertorti. So if, in fact, Nefertorti turns out to be a boy, should we change her name and give her (him) something more befitting a male yet still mythologically sound? (Minotort? Centort?)

Here are the promised pics on how big they're getting:

Nefertorti

King Tort

For reference, I have a size 7 (womens) foot.

No, I don't paint my toenails, but I sometimes wonder if I should start.

Hope the week is going great! My kids are back in school, so I'm getting back into a routine here in Austin.

8 comments:

Tabitha said...

Wow, they're huge!! I don't paint my toenails either. Well, I do sometimes, on a girls' afternoon and we're looking to spoil ourselves with pedicures. But I don't do it myself. Too messy, and there are a zillion other things I'd rather be doing. :)

As for the name, I think Nefertorti is awesomely clever, and if he hasn't already developed a complex about having a female name, then he's not gonna. And if he has, well...then it's too late. :)

Angela Ackerman said...

So cute! And huge!

We had to rename our guinea pig. The pet store said it was a girl, so my son named her Chelsea. Then 'she' went on a play date with my friend's female pig and...well, let's just say they got a little friendlier than anticipated. Now 'he' is named Crusader.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Cool turtles. I love them. I had one as a kid until my dad let it walk away. Good luck getting back in the routine. My daughter doesn't go back till after Labor Day.

Kelsey said...

Love the names of your torts!!

Solvang Sherrie said...

We have a boy cat named Twinkle. I don't think Nerfertorti will suffer from any gender confusion and it's a cool name :)

Kelly said...

I love their names!
You should paint your toenails! There are so many cool colors out now! :)

Miriam S. Forster said...

I'm so jealous of your tortoises. They're huge!

E. Kristin Anderson said...

I think he should keep his name, it's just too freakin' awesome.

Or you could go with something like Ptortemy (Ptolemy...am I spelling that anywhere close to right? I'm bad w/ Egyptian names...you know Rome is more my expertise.) to keep with the Pharaoh thang.

Also, these pictures would be better if there were kittens riding the tortoises. Look up the video on YouTube. It is awesome.

<3