"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Monday, September 06, 2010

Good Times, Good Friends, and Good Writing

We're looking at Labor Day over and the fall looming before us. I have to admit fall is my favorite season. I think it's the promise of cooler weather here in Texas, gobs of pumpkin seeds, and memories of how leaves used to change color (wishing I could visit Virginia or Pennsylvania this fall...le sigh).

But I'd be remiss if I didn't mention some of the fun writerly times I've had recently...

Welcome home, Ike! Friday writing at Spiderhouse Cafe with E. Kristin Anderson, Ikeasaurus, K. A. Holt, Jenny Ziegler, and Jessica Lee Anderson

E. Kristin Anderson, Ike, and Kari Holt (K. A. Holt). Please note the fresh, new Zombie Invasion sticker on the wall.

Ike, Kari Holt (K. A. Holt), and Jenny Ziegler (whose husband used to LIVE at Spiderhouse Cafe literally)



Congratulations to VCFA graduates Lindsey Lane and Anne Bustard. Party at the Leitich Smiths' house (who are always such gracious hosts and gave me a gazillion corks for my daughter to use for art)

Me with my Texas Sweethearts, Jo Whittemore and Jessica Lee Anderson


Kathi Appelt and Gene Brenek

Carmen Oliver, Jo Whittemore, and Greg Leitich Smith

The graduates Lindsey Lane and Anne Bustard with Greg Leitich Smith and Kathi Appelt. Yes, Anne is wiping her eyes as is everyone else in the crowd.

Chris Barton and Gene Brenek

Jessica Lee Anderson and Bethany Hegedus

Labor Day Weekend finished off with an all-night write-a-thon that lasted until 3 am with Jessica Lee Anderson and K. A. Holt. My words stopped coming, and then it was off to bed. Zzzzzz....

3 comments:

carmenoliver said...

It was great seeing you at Lindsey and Anne's grad party! Nice recap!

Kelly said...

Fun pics! And writing til 3am! I haven't done that since college!

PJ Hoover said...

So great to see you, too, Carmen! Have fun with your chairs :)

It was painful, Kelly. I'm not sure when I'll do it again.