"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

No, really, don't drive into water over the road

I had to post these pics because honestly, I'm amazed. It really shows the power of rushing water. This is the water crossing we normally cross every day about six times a day. Needless to say, we won't be going across it anytime soon.
The website says it will take "several weeks" to fix. Hmmm...
Anyway, rumor has it when the water still covered the road, a car drove into it not knowing the road was missing.

Our road is gone.

Part of the road

More of the road


My son found a fossil and the guts of a baseball in the hole. Also three fish were stranded but saved by the crowd of people gathered.

9 comments:

Michelle Davidson Argyle said...

That could be interesting material for a story. :)

PJ Hoover said...

Definitely, Michelle! I'll have to work it in :)

Miriam S. Forster said...

Wow. Just wow.

That's a bad day right there. :)

Natalie Aguirre said...

It's amazing to see things like that, but not to have to live through it. Two things I always remember about Texas from all my visits there is intense heat and downpours of rain. My husband laughs at the news here in Michigan when it says we're getting a storm.

PJ Hoover said...

So glad I didn't drive into it, Miriam! That would have been very bad.

LOL, Natalie! That's how I feel when people complain about the heat elsewhere.

Kelly said...

Whoa, that is some water destruction!

VICTORIA SAAVEDRA said...

That is serious!

VICTORIA SAAVEDRA said...

That is serious!

PJ Hoover said...

It was crazy, Kelly and Victoria. And kind of neat at the same time :)