"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

JANIS JOPLIN, ANN ANGEL, and THE TEXAS BOOK FESTIVAL

This Saturday at the Texas Book Festival I have the huge pleasure of introducing Ann Angel who has written a fascinating YA biography of the rock legend, Janis Joplin. I've been reading JANIS JOPLIN: RISE UP SINGING (Amulet, October 2010) these past couple days, and it's been a real treat.


I mean, who knew Janis drove the same car as my dad (bet you didn't know that, did you, Dad?). And I never knew Janis Joplin lived in Austin, TX, the coolest city in the world (outside of Northern Virginia possibly).


Anyway, this is a fantastic book for any teen or adult filled to the brim with pictures and info about the rock star's life.

If you're coming to the Texas Book Festival this weekend, stop by and listen to Ann Angel talk about the wonderful biography she's created! We'll be in

Capitol Extension Room E2.010
12:30-1:15

See you there!

4 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Have fun. Wish I could go.

Cynthia Leitich Smith said...

I strongly second hitting Ann's session. She's a top-notch writer and a great lady!

PJ Hoover said...

Wish you could go, too, Natalie!

Cyn, I really enjoyed the book. Hope to see you there!

Marcia said...

Ann is a former RA of our SCBWI-WI. Glad to see her doing so well.