"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Book Rec: IMMORTAL BELOVED by Cate Tiernan

So I was psyched when I got my hands on a copy of IMMORTAL BELOVED by Cate Tiernan. I think it was the combination of the title, cover, and idea of immortals. And pretty much from the second I picked it up, I wanted to keep reading and reading until the end. And even then I found myself thinking about the characters for a couple more days. There's just something about the idea of being an immortal party girl that maybe us 40-year-old gals crave. And yeah, I'm thinking teens gals will be craving it, too.

IMMORTAL BELOVED by Cate Tiernan (Little, Brown, September 2010)


Check out the awesome book trailer, too!



From Amazon:

Nastasya has spent the last century living as a spoiled, drugged-out party girl. She feels nothing and cares for no one. But when she witnesses her best friend, a Dark Immortal, torture a human, she realizes something's got to change. She seeks refuge at a rehab for wayward immortals, where she meets the gorgeous, undeniably sexy Reyn, who seems inexplicably linked to her past.

Nastasya finally begins to deal with life, and even feels safe--until the night she learns that someone wants her dead.

Cate Tiernan, author of the popular Sweep series, returns with an engaging story of a timeless struggle and inescapable romance, the first book in a stunning new fantasy trilogy.



Source of book: BookPeople

If you love fantasy, paranormal, or the idea of immortality then this one's for you. Recommended for seventh grade and up, girls and guys who enjoy paranormal romance. I'm already looking forward to the sequel!

8 comments:

lotusgirl said...

Looks like something I'd enjoy. I'll have to check it out.

PJ Hoover said...

It was a good read, Lois!

Elie said...

This one is on my list of most wanted, the summary sounds great.

PJ Hoover said...

It does draw you in, doesn't it, Elie?

Natalie Aguirre said...

Yeah, I've got to read this.

PJ Hoover said...

Definitely, Natalie. I think you'd like it.

geemoney02 said...

I LOVE this book! I finished it a month ago and I still have an urge to run and pick it up because I feel like I didn't finish it. (Not because it didn't end well, but because it was so good) I LOVE LOVE LOVED it. I also really like Cate. Can't wait for the next one. Reyn? My new favorite love interest in YA.

PJ Hoover said...

It was kind of addictive, wasn't it, geemoney02.