"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Friday, November 12, 2010

Five on a Friday

It feels like forever since I've done a Five on a Friday post, so here goes!

1) I adore this review from Jen Robinson for THE NECROPOLIS!
Jen is a fabulous reviewer, and I'm grateful she took the time to review my book(s).

My favorite line from the review?

"As I've said before, I think that there's a shortage of good science fiction for kids. And the Forgotten World series goes a long way towards filling that gap. The mix of gods, mental powers, and teenage interpersonal relationships is just right for the target audience. Highly recommended."


2) I've been having a blast doing school visits this week.
I'm off today to Laurel Mountain Elementary here in Austin to talk to 3rd, 4th, and 5th!


3) NCTE!
Is next week!
At DisneyWorld!
And I'm going! Whoo hoo!
Because Disney is the most OSUM place in the world.

am going on this ride ten times!

4) Congratulations to Cynthia Leitich Smith and Barry Gott on the release of HOLLER LOUDLY!
I was so thrilled to make the book trailer for HOLLER LOUDLY!




5) Art Work Love
I adore this latest creation from my daughter, the artist. It makes me smile!

9 comments:

Kelly said...

Holler Loudly look osum.
And your daughter is quite the artist!
Have fun at Disney, lucky!!!

lotusgirl said...

Tower of Terror rocks! Ride it once for me.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I absolutely LOVE the your daughter's art! I would seriously frame that and hang it somewhere - it's that precious!! Holler Loudly looks fun and it's awesome that you make trailers!

Have a great weekend, PJ.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Yea on your great review. That's awesome.

Have a great week. It sounds like fun.

PJ Hoover said...

It is a great picture book, Kelly! The art work is just gorgeous and the words are brilliant!
And thanks!

i'll ride it twice for you, Lois! i can't wait!

LOL, Shannon! Thank you! I ordered a cutting board of it and notecards. And yes, definitely, on the frame.
I hope you have a great weekend, too!

Thanks, Natalie! The review made my day. Love that!
Have a great week, also!

Cynthia Leitich Smith said...

Thanks, congrats & cheers, you rock star writer mama, you!

PJ Hoover said...

You are so welcome, Cyn! I think I'll see you tomorrow at the book party!

Miriam S. Forster said...

Ten? You crazy person you!

Have fun! :)

PJ Hoover said...

That's assuming I can get the family to either wait for me or go with me, Miriam :)