"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Saturday, November 27, 2010

PARANORMALCY by Kiersten White




I'm going to go ahead and call this one of the best books I've read this year. Ever since I saw the cover (which I love) I wanted to read it, but I put it off because I thought it was going to be a lot like other stuff out in the market right now. Not that there's anything wrong with the market. I just thought I needed a break from paranormal. Not so. I thought this book would be an okay read.

It wasn't. It was fabulous.

It was funny and refreshing and didn't take itself too seriously. It's what I'm going to call a must-read for paranormal and fantasy fans out there. I didn't want to put it down. Highly recommended!

PARANORMALCY by Kiersten White (Harper, August 2010)


And while you're at it, check out the awesome book trailer!




From Amazon:

Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals’ glamours.

But Evie’s about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.


*****

A definite must read!

8 comments:

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

I loved it, too. It was such fun and a fresh new take on the genre.

PJ Hoover said...

We have equally good taste, Tricia :)

Abby Minard said...

I loved it too- and you're right, it didn't take itself too seriously. I think Kiersten wrote at the right time when people are starting to get a little tired of paranormal.

beth said...

Same! One of my fave reads of the year!!

Aylee said...

Ooh, I want to read this one. Hopefully soon!

PJ Hoover said...

You're right, Abby. She wrote it at the perfect time!

Beth, I need to read HEX HALL next (per your rec)!

Aylee, I hope you get to read it soon, too. It was such a joy to read.

Natalie Aguirre said...

I loved this too. I've been lending it to friends ever since I finished reading it.

PJ Hoover said...

Natalie, I think we like a lot of the same things!