"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Thursday, January 27, 2011

100th Day and The Cowtown Book Festival

Hope you all have a great weekend! I'm driving up to Dallas today because tomorrow I'll be on a panel at the


If you happen to live in the Dallas area, please come by! I'm on a panel with Jessica Lee Anderson , K. A. Holt, Jennifer Ziegler, and Clare Dunkle. See you there!

Next week is the 100th day of school for the year. Kindergartners are supposed to put 100 things on a t-shirt and wear it to school to celebrate.
My son a few years ago ended up with a white t-shirt covered in blue feathers and googly eyes that all fell off everywhere. The t-shirt was a one-time deal.
This year, for my daughter, I/we got smarter. We designed the following and printed it up and ironed it on. Now we can keep it forever :) I kind of think I want one for myself.

(this all falls into the category of "I could be writing except I had to...")

(btw, she wanted skulls and a dragon. Her t-shirt. Her choice.)

the t-shirt ironed and ready to go

the design in closer detail

Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Karen Akins said...

It's official...there is no way any other kid had a cooler shirt than your daughter.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Karen! Does that mean I'll have the cutest mom shirt if I get one, too?

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Cool idea!! :-)

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Shannon! And no feathers around the house either.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Too bad we won't be visiting my in-laws in Dallas when you're there. I'd love to meet you in person.

PJ Hoover said...

Too bad, Natalie. That would have been awesome. Some other time...

Miriam S. Forster said...

I think ninety-nine of anything would be awesome with "and a dragon" put after it.

Ninety-nine skateboards...and a dragon.

Ninety-nine toasters...and a dragon.

Ninety-nine books...and a dragon.

Works every time!

PJ Hoover said...

OMG, you're so right, Miriam! And I kind of have to believe the dragon is Smaug except he has wings and ours doesn't.

99 googly eyes... and a dragon.

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Coolest shirt ever! You and your daughter rocked it.
As for 99 anything....99 kittens and a dragon has a shivery feel.