"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Our Night at the Museum!




I always mention in school visits that one of the coolest things about being the mom of a Cub Scout is we get to go on the best excursions. And as an author, there's nothing better than getting to sneak into these OSUM places which are normally behind closed doors.

So enter this past weekend when we drove to Dallas and slept overnight at the Museum of Science and Nature with the dinosaurs!


This is my favorite landmark ever when I'm driving.


Perhaps the biggest turtle in the world. We really hope our tortoises do not grow this big.


This reminds me of a scene in THE MUMMY.


We originally set up our sleeping gear right next to this beauty.


We've learned to be more prepared. Please note my Smurf pillow and my husband's Elmo pillow.

But then we discovered this "secret" exhibit space not being used, so we moved all our stuff and slept here.


The absolutely coolest part of the visit was the ELECTRIC THEATER. Why? Because Tesla Rocks! (That should really be a t-shirt.)


Hope you guys got out and did something fun this weekend! And I hope you brought your camera and notebook so you could record it, too!

4 comments:

Cialina at Muggle-Born.net said...

So cool! Sleeping overnight at a museum sounds and looks like a lot of fun! Glad to hear you had a blast.

PJ Hoover said...

I'd recommend it every time, Cialina! Thanks!

Miriam S. Forster said...

I know what scene you're talking about! (so love the Mummy movies). I watched it with the director's commentary--which I highly recommend--and the producer and the director both agreed they would never stick their hand in something like that.

So did the skeletons come alive and play fetch? :)

PJ Hoover said...

OMG, so agree, Miriam. Who sticks their hand in that (except my son who is in the picture. He took it out once I mentioned THE MUMMY).
And sadly nothing came to life. It was unfortunate.