"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Friday, February 18, 2011

Fun Font For a Friday




I can't help the fact that I love posting my daughter's artwork. My recent Valentine from her that I posted here inspired me to dig this font out of my filing cabinet. My cousin sent it to me 30 years ago as a magazine clipping, and though I Googled to try to find any more info on it, I came up blank. I adore it (so much I held onto it for 30 years in my files)!


UGLY GROTESK OUTLINE BOLD by John Caldwell

Got a favorite font?

Hope you all have a great weekend! I'm off to our Austin SCBWI conference which is sure to be the blast. I'm picking Elizabeth Law up from the airport, so I even cleaned out my car :)

7 comments:

VICTORIA SAAVEDRA said...

This is super cool. My favorite font is Book Man Old Style size 12 :)

PJ Hoover said...

Very cool, Victoria! Hope you have a great weekend!

lotusgirl said...

Love it! I love fiddling with different fonts. I will spend all kinds of time picking out just the right one for flyers and handouts. For writing I prefer Times New Roman or Book Antiqua.

Miriam S. Forster said...

Have fun at the conference!

I don't really have a favorite font, but I am partial to the ones that look handwritten.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Lois! It is fun picking the right font, isn't it. I bet you make great swag!

I love those, too, Miriam, especially on book covers. Thanks!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Have fun at the conference. It sounds awesome.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Natalie!