"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Query Critique Contest




You know what's really cool? Being able to see a project before it becomes published. It's like a secret sneak peak into the future. Sometimes when you read these sneak peaks, you just know they're going to be famous (I'll refrain from name dropping here...)

As part of The Texas Sweethearts & Scoundrels and for our Austin SCBWI chapter, one of the things I do is critiques, and I was thrilled when the last query critique I did landed the person an agent. Yay for success! May we spread it around.

In this spirit, I'm offering up a query critique! And if I'm not enough, I asked fellow TS&S Jessica Lee Anderson, and she's offering up a query critique, too.

Me and Jessica. I was being normal. Jessica? Not so much.

Interested? It's easy!

For your chance to win a query critique with either me or Jessica Lee Anderson, all you need to do is:

1) Follow this blog
2) Comment on this blog post


For extra entries:

1) Blog about this contest and leave a comment telling me
2) Tweet about this contest and leave a comment telling me


And make sure you leave me a way to get in contact with you when you win!

The contest will run through midnight on Friday, February 11, 2011!

Good luck!

29 comments:

Miriam S. Forster said...

I call first comment!!!

*waves at PJ*

PJ Hoover said...

*waves back*
Thanks, Miriam!

KLo said...

Hi : ) Would love the opportunity :-)

kloud1026@yahoo.com

meradeth said...

Please pick me! Pretty please!

C.R. Evers said...

Wow! I would love this opportunity. Please count me in. I'll FB, Twitter and blog the contest.

Christy

christyevers(at)att(dot)net

MollyMom103 said...

I am in! I'm going to blog too.

Chelsey said...

Oh Query critique! Always exciting

marjorielight said...

Great contest, thanks for the opportunity to garner a critique. I've subscribed & now I'm off to share with the masses!


:-)

Shallee said...

Ooh, I could totally use another query critique! Thanks!

addeluna said...

I'm here ... leavin' my comment. Awesome opportunity.

Kelly said...

Very sweet of you two to offer and how exciting that with your help, someone landed an agent!!
Your contest will be on my blog tomorrow!

Tess said...

very cool of you to do this. Thank heavens I dont have to write another query. I suck rocks at them!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

how kind of you, thanks!

lauren51990 AT aol DOT com

Tabitha Bird said...

yes please!

tab [at] zaeya [dot] com

Rachael Harrie said...

Fantastic contest!

rachael[dot]harrie[at]gmail[dot]com

Rach

Janet Johnson said...

What a great opportunity. Thank you!

rjljohnson(dot)janet(at)gmail(dot)com

Jeanmarie Anaya said...

Count me in! I'm thisclose to querying and the more feedback I get on the dreaded query revisions, the better!

Jeanmarie Anaya said...

And for a few extra points, I blogged about it too!

www.jeanmarieanaya.blogspot.com/2011/02/query-critique-contest.html

Thanks for running this contest!

janaya75(at)hotmail(dot)com

Natalie Aguirre said...

Thanks for another great contest. You are so awesome. I just won critiques with Elana Johnson and Shannon Messenger, so I'm going to let some others take advantage of your contest.

gale.albright said...

Hi,
I would love to win a query critique from you or Jessica.
I went to a class taught by Jessica Lee Anderson at the Texas Mountain Trail Writers conference last April in Alpine. I learned a lot from her. I look forward to meeting you, P.J. Hoover.
I hope to get an agent for my middle-grade book this spring. I need a compelling query letter!

gale.albright said...

I just announced your query contest on my blog, Write Pretty http://galbright.wordpress.com/
You are now on my blogroll

Thanks,
Gale Hathcock Albright

Ghost Horse Hollow said...

I would love to gain your feedback on my most recent query revision. I am following your blog and retweeted! Thanks so much for this opportunity to enter the contest! Wishing you all the best with your creative endeavors. Here is my contact information:

www.ghosthorsehollow.blogspot.com
ghosthorsehollow@yahoo.com
www.ghosthorsehollow.com

avalonne83 said...

Great giveaway! I'd love to be entered.

I'm a brand new GFC follower (avalonne83).
I've never won any of your contests.

Please count me in. Thanks.

avalonne83 [at] yahho [dot] it

tanyaspencer said...

PJ, I have two kids and a Yorkie, too! And I'm looking forward to your Synopsis class, after all the raves about your Query class from Jeannie Anaya and Alexis Bass. Thanks for the query critique contest! jt4spencer@yahoo.com

Danyelle said...

You're awesome! I follow and I've tweeted this. :D

Orlando said...

I hope I'm not too late. I just found your blog but would love to get involved if possible. I don't know if it's too late to post on my blog however I will just in case.

Great to meet you.

Glenda Cates said...

I did Tweet for you several times Moms Reviews and MommiesPointofReview@gmail.com

Winkgirl said...

Thank you so much for this contest!

I also tweeted here: http://twitter.com/#!/StephieWink/status/35400492142034944

stephaggie99@gmail.com

IdentitySeeker said...

I follow.
+1 Tweeted: http://pjhoover.blogspot.com/2011/02/query-critique-contest.html

sarah.setar@gmail.com