"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Sunday, March 06, 2011

MUMMY vs. BIGFOOT...Take 190 West





Drive one hour north of Austin, add a bunch of authors and illustrators, and this is what you get!

This past Saturday was the TAKE 190 WEST ART FESTIVAL in Killeen, Texas. Aside from being an amazing festival (thank you, Killeen and Pat Anderson, for having me!), this is what some of the other authors and I did*.



As for where the idea came from, author Jessica Lee Anderson and I do a joint school visit presentation about the topic, related to writing of course. Check it out here!


*A note that this is what I love about authors. You can present them with any random subject, ask their opinion, and they will managed to entertain!

Thank you to those who weighed in for this video:


The whole crowd of volunteers and author!

5 comments:

Jessica Lee Anderson said...

It was such a blast hanging out together! This video is hilarious! I kept laughing during the whole filming process

PJ Hoover said...

Me, too! I'm still laughing.

Kelly said...

That is awesome. I love the bigfoot/mummy premise. Who wouldn't love to discuss that? Love all the author's takes on it!!
(Big Foot is actually in my current wip so Big Foot FTW).

Miriam S. Forster said...

I think your problem is that the mummy doesn't have very good PR in that poster. What you NEED is a picture of Arnold Vosloo as The Mummy, with his scary immortal decayed-ness and his ability to take bullets and turn into sandstorms.

That kind of mummy? Would TOTALLY WIN. Also, he would take over the world.

PJ Hoover said...

Thanks, Kelly! I bet your ms is awesome! Bigfoot is a fun creature to deal with.

Oh, Miriam, you're totally right! That mummy would win hands down. So we'll pretend that's how he looks on the poster and go from there :)