"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Friday, April 08, 2011

Favorite Book Trailers?

So I started a free one-month trial of new video software a couple weeks ago, and it's been consuming me. I am in love.
The software? Adobe After Effects CS5. Amazing. Perfect. This software rocks. And now I realize my Adobe Photoshop software could use a serious upgrade, too. There are so many new features and things I can do. Good thing my birthday is coming up.

Maybe this is a no-brainer to everyone who's ever made videos, but I don't think I could ever go back to Windows Movie Maker. OMG. It runs out of memory constantly and has lots of little quirks. In it's defense, I did use the heck out of the Movie Maker features, but it's just not Adobe.

So now that I'm engrossed in learning the software, here's my question:

What are your favorite book trailers and why?

Hope you all have a great weekend! I'm off to Houston for their local SCBWI conference, and then next week is TLA here in Austin and the OSUM Writer's League of Texas conference just after. But I should have time to fit in a couple book giveaways and possibly even a review.

In the meantime, I leave you with this bottlecap mirror* we finally made this past weekend!

do you like the color groupings?

*everyone asks, "did you drink all that beer?"
Why? There are only like 50 beer caps (some are soda; yes, I can count), and I've been of legal drinking age for 20 years. I've totally averaged over 2.5 beers a year. Is that really so bad?

** Which reminds me, today is Friday during Lent, so the grocery store has the best samples. Fish. Wine. Must go grocery shopping today.

6 comments:

Miriam Forster said...

I've seen a lot of really interesting and well done trailers, but this is my favorite.

Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhEx0kaUlrU

I love how she makes it look like a movie trailer. :)

PJ Hoover said...

That one is very awesome, Miriam! I also LOVED Perfect Chemistry trailer.

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I love the Rules of Attraction trailer too (never saw the one for Perfect Chemistry). If I'm ever published, that's what I want. Hmm. Guess I'd better start saving my money now.

Right now I can't get enough of The Mortal Intrument series (Cassandra Clare) trailer.

Most of the time I don't bother with trailers unless I see it on someone's blog.

Michelle Davidson Argyle said...

Mmm, After Effects ROCKS. :)

Natalie Aguirre said...

I don't watch that many trailers. Until we updated our Internet, they were too slow.

Have fun at the conference.

PJ Hoover said...

Stina, you should check out Perfect Chemistry. It's so cool.

Michelle, I knew you would think so! You are amazingly creative!

Thanks, Natalie! I've been watching a bunch, but yes, w/o internet would be painful.