"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." —J. R. R. Tolkien

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

TLA Report 2011




The past week was an explosion of books like I haven't seen since ALA last year. Seriously, if you're looking for an amazing librarian conference, TLA is a don't-miss opportunity. Why go to TLA you might ask? Because it's a bunch of cool people talking about a bunch of cool books.

FACEBOOKI posted all my pictures over on Facebook (come friend me!), but here are just a handful of pics to give you an idea of the beauty of having TLA in Austin!



Wow! Look at the display my publisher had set up for my books!


Jessica Lee Anderson and I signing in the author area.
I'm wearing my new favorite shirt. *love*


K. A. Holt, Jenny Ziegler, Rosemary Clement-Moore, and Jessica Lee Anderson


Me with an alien. No clue why.


Getting ready for our Texas Sweethearts & Scoundrels ice-cream social.
Do you see the huge ice-cream case?


Fellow panelist Phil Bildner, K. A. Holt, and Shelli Cornelison


Greg Leitich Smith and Joy Preble


Jessica Lee Anderson with her latest book, CALLI (Milkweed, September 2011)


Awesome librarians Michelle Beebower and Nichole Chagnon and me


Me with my Kung Fu, author buddy, the singing zoologist, Lucas Miller


Chilling after a long day

10 comments:

Marty said...

Lots of "beauty" in Austin indeed...

I Read Banned Books said...

Cute! I so want to do the entire week over again....fun!

Jen

PJ Hoover said...

I want to do it over again, too, Jen! Cannot wait for ALA. Are you going?

It's a great place, Marty :)

I Read Banned Books said...

Yes, I'm going! I am actually presenting this year. I won't say what panel or what day because I don't want anyone to go. Lol!

Jessica Lee Anderson said...

Love this report and the pics. I'd want to do the entire week over too if I had the opportunity.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Looks like it was so much fun.

storyqueen said...

That looks like so much fun! And your display is awesome.

Shelley

PJ Hoover said...

Yay, Jen! I'll have to sneak in and see you :)

Ditto, Jessica! It was so much fun!

Totally, Natalie. These librarian events are the best!

Thanks, Shelley! I loved the display :)

Heather Zundel said...

Awesome! I love the pictures. And I'm wondering, do all conferences come with wheelable ice cream trucks, or were you just lucky? ;)

PJ Hoover said...

Hey Heather! We totally lucked out on the ice cream freezer. It was huge! We were so lucky it actually fit somewhere in the booth.
Great to hear from you!